Chapter 17

The next week and half went by quite quickly, there wasn't anything new and I'm kinda glad. I don't have the effort to deal with any drama at the moment. It's finally Monday, never thought I'd say that, but I guess it's only allowed for this one occasion. Careers week! The week I spend with both Elijah and Ben. I'm glad I can spent 3/5 days with Ben. Elijah's work is boring and it stinks. Maybe I should bring some air freshener as a present. Or a couple hundred scented candles.

Anyway, I'm spending Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday with Ben, then spending Thursday and Friday with Elijah. Ben and I are in my room as we speak, trying to find the perfect outfit. I need to look like a doctor. Ben even promised me that I get my own scrubs. At first I thought he was going to make me clean, I was ready to put my acting skills to use and beg him to let me go with Elijah instead. However, he thankfully explained that scrubs in hospitals are what doctors and nurses have to wear along with their doctors jacket thingy and their stethoscope. I already had a purple stethoscope and Ben got me a doctors jacket thingy with my name on it. I'm ready!

Ben finally came out of my closet with a black top and grey joggers. Comfy, just how I like it.

"You won't be wearing your outfit for very long today since you'll be wearing scrubs." He said as he set my outfit on a chair and started tidying my bed up while I got changed.

Once I was changed, Ben went downstairs to help with breakfast while I ran off to Aiden's room so he could do my hair.

He quickly did my hair in a cute fishtail braid and kicked me out of his room so he could finish getting ready for school.

It's almost 7:30 which means Aiden and Elijah should be leaving soon. Usually Ben leaves the house at 7:30, sometimes later and sometimes earlier depending on his surgery schedule and Elijah leaves the house with Aiden. He drops him off and gets to work by 8. However this week, both Richard and Bruce, Ben and Elijah's bosses, said it was okay for them to come a little later! They're so great.

Anyway, I made my way downstairs to the kitchen where Austin was finishing off breakfast still in his pyjamas. Since it was careers week for us kids, he had no classes to teach so he automatically had a week off from work. So lucky.

"A special breakfast for a special little girls first day at work. They grow up so quick." He said as he wiped a tear.

"Austin are you really crying?!" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No no I'm not." He said as he wiped another one.

"You big baby. I'm 4! Not 34!" I exclaimed as I rolled my eyes.

"Well you definitely behave like it." He huffed as he served both Elijah and Aiden.

I rolled my eyes at him and quickly finished off my pancakes.

"Come on slow poke. Hurry up, we need to leave or we'll be late!" I said as I got out of my chair and ran towards the door to get my shoes from the shoe rack.

"We still have an hour left Everly. Be a little patient." Ben shouted from the dining room.

"Bye guys. See you in the evening Ev." Elijah said as he opened the front door and got into his car with Aiden following closely behind.

"If you get bored don't call me you little troll." Aiden said as he poked my tummy before walking out.

"I'm going back to bed. If you need anything then bother Big Ben." Austin said as he crouched down in front of me and kissed my forehead before walking back up the stairs and to his room.

"Benjamin how long?!" I whined impatiently.

"Everly the time won't go quicker if you keep whining." He said.