⁰³⁶ can't help it, i want you

❝ i want you ❞

❝ i want you ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"SERIOUSLY, THIS IS A DISASTER," hermione sighed. "she's never even drank a drop of alcohol before!" maeve was loopily dancing around the room, loosely clutching a cup of alcohol in her hand.

deafening music was blaring out of speakers, and someone had casted the muffliatio charm in an attempt not to alert the teachers of the goings-on inside of the common room.

harry shrugged slightly with a frown, watching aswell. "..have you talked to her about levi?"

    "no..." she shook her head. "i've tried— but she changes the subject every time. i'm really worried about her, harry. she's being dangerously nonchalant."

and then there was a deafening thump, crash, and a chorus of drunken yells and cheers.

hermione and harry couldn't believe it— they had taken their eyes off of maeve for five seconds, and there she was, pounding the lights out of cormac mclaggen.

one drink had led to another, and maeve had been stumbling around the room, dancing and cheering with whoever was nearby.

for maeve, a party was a good distraction from everything that was going on with her. it let her forget everything she was upset about— everything she was angry about.

so when cormac mclaggen approached her, spewing nonsense— she supposed she just let it all out.

"too bad you guys won today, foster." cormac said with a shrug, and maeve frowned.

"why, because you aren't on the team?"

"no, because your precious brother isn't alive to watch you actually do something good for once. didn't you get like, two o.w.l.s? stupid fucking dyk—"

and there she was, leaning over cormac and punching and kicking him wherever she could— his chest, his face, his groin— anywhere.

he let out a cry of pain, everyone's attention soon on them as they began to chant 'fight! fight! fight!' at the top of their lungs— almost louder than the music.

harry, ron, ginny, clover and hermione rushed over, trying to yank the girl off of mclaggen and steer her away— anywhere but near him.

he leapt up from the ground after he was released from maeve's grasp, his lip bleeding and his face looking as if he had gone through a waste compactor. 

maeve stumbled, her dizzy self barely being able to stand properly as she sniffed, wiping her bloody knuckles on her dress.