Drunk Sickness | Chapter 2

"Lumine, please wake up! Paimon really misses you

"Lumine, please wake up! Paimon really misses you.." Paimon complained while looking at the girls sleeping face.

Paimon waited for an answer but never got one. From Lumine at least.

"You should let her rest and warm up." Xiao told Paimon while walking in through the balcony door.

Paimon watched him sit down in a chair. She sighed as she looked down at her tiny hands compared to Lumine's.

She furrows her eyebrows and flew in front of Xiao.

"Paimon is going to make Lumine's favorite snack! Xiao must watch over Lumine!" She exclaimed while flying out the door.

Xiao just watched as he was dumbfounded for a moment.

'I could easily leave this vulnerable mortal.' He thought as he scoffed. He was interrupted by a cough.

The girl that was in his bed, Lumine, sat up. He stared at her as she stared at her legs for a moment, which were under the covers.

Something about her.. lured him in. Like he was a fish on a hook, but he was willingly being pulled in.

Before he knew it, his hands were on her shoulders and he began to gently lay her back down.

"Don't sit up." He stated. Lumine stared at his hand for a moment before tracing her eyes up to his face.

She stared at him for a good while until he teleported back into the chair. His face was beaming red so he used a book to cover it.

'What am I doing..' He thought again and sighed.

He figured she had fallen asleep again since it was so quite. He was shown wrong when he heard his room door close. He quickly threw his book down and shot a glance at his bed. Lumine was gone. He must've gotten caught up in his twisted mind to not notice she had left the room.

He shot out of the seat and practically swung the door open. He looked left and right but saw the girl holding onto the railing as she was loosing her balance.

Xiao ran over to her and began pulling her back into the room. She kept reaching her hand out for the stairs which she almost made to before he took her back.

"No.. I have to find.. Aether.." She weakly said while pulling her arm out of his grasp.

Xiao stared at her as she fell to her knees.

"Aether? There is no Aether here." He claimed while crouching down to Lumine's height. He stared at her pale face as her eyes locked with his. She was practically drunk on sickness.

Xiao stared at her golden eyes until he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. He shot a glare at the stairway before picking Lumine up.

He slung her over his shoulder as he rushed into his room.

She was slumped over his shoulder when he closed and locked the door behind him. She used her hands to hold onto his shoulder and lift her upper body up. So Xiao was forced to hold onto her Thighs so she wouldn't fall.

Lumine stared at the door until she felt Xiao walking. Her eyes felt heavy as she looked back.

'Why am I taking care of this Mortal.' Xiao thought as he sat the girl on the bed.

"Go to sleep." He demanded while slowly turning around.

He felt himself get pulled back. He groaned as he sluggishly looked back.

Lumine took hold of his hand and was.. looking at it? He watched as she would stare at one spot just to flip it over and do the same thing.

"You have no respect for the Adepti." He scoffed.

Soon enough she stopped and started to trace the little creases on Xiao's plam. Xiao flinched because he's never felt this kind of softness. He hated being touched, sure, but this mortal.. could soothe that storm inside his head for a brief moment.

He watched her fingers glide against his skin. She would occasionally open and close his hand, like she was trying to get it to do some special trick.

"Magic.." Lumine's voice was hoarse and quiet as he shoved his own hand in his face.

He slightly backed his face away as he gave her a questioning look. Her head would slightly fall a couple of times because she needed rest.

Xiao sighed as he gently pushed Lumine back onto the bed.

She stared at him as she tried to get up.

"Stay." He said while pushing her again.

"I have to.. protect Mondstadt.." She yawned as she grabbed his hand again. He watched and her eyes began to close and her grip on his hand loosened.

'Mortals are strange creatures..' Xiao thought while sitting down again.