Tooth and Claw Part 2

"And then supper. And could we find some clothes for Miss Tyler? I'm tired of nakedness."

At this Celeste finally tuned in to what was happening around her, she had a plan but she knew the Doctor wasn't going to be happy with it, she wouldn't let this deter her though because she was saving multiple lives this way.

"Your Majesty, may I go with Miss Tyler to assist? It was because of my persistence that my husband brought her for a sixpence" Celeste said in an extremely polite tone.

The Queen thought for a moment before she gave a nod, Celeste went to leave but was pulled back by a hand on her arm. The Doctor pulled her to his chest and looked down at his bonded, he could tell she had a plan but he couldn't work out what it was.

"Be careful Feisty, I know you have a plan" He said in a hushed tone, firmly pressing her against his body.

"I will Doctor, don't worry" She gave him a light kiss on the cheek and left with Rose.

****

It didn't take long for Celeste and Rose to be running from the monks, the former not surprised at all when they got attacked. They tried to find a way to the Doctor but unfortunately, they quickly get captured, Celeste getting hit in the head with the hilt of a sword causing her to drop to the ground unconscious.

She soon woke up to find herself shackled to a wall next to a very scared Rose Tyler, there were several people in the room and one young monk in a cage in the middle of the room. Celeste groans at the pain in her head and she feels blood dripping down the side of her head, she closes her eyes and everyone, minus Rose, gasps in surprise as they burn a bright golden colour once she opens them again.

The chains immediately melt away from the burning energy of the Time Vortex and she scoots closer to the cage, several people warn her to stay away but she just holds a hand up, silencing them all with a single gesture.

"I'm sorry" She whispers to the young monk with pure black eyes. She opens her hands in a skilled way and a ball of light hovers between her hands, taking a breath she throws it in the cage.

The monk screams in agony as he burns into ashes, people in the room start crying at the pure agony in his voice and Rose starts yelling at Celeste for killing him in cold blood. She ignores Rose and starts melting away people's chains, nobody daring to speak to her in fear of the same happening to them.

"Feisty? Rose?!" The Doctor burst into the room, obviously panicked. His eyes instantly zoomed in on the cut on Celeste's head and he immediately went over to her, his hands cradling her face. "What happened?"

Alfie joins them and gently touches the wound, making Celeste hiss in pain. Both Time Lord's exchange a glance before Alfie puts his hands over the wound and heals it with his regeneration energy.

"Alfie, you shouldn't of" Celeste says quietly, her normal sarcastic demeanour replaced with one of sadness.

"No, you really shouldn't of" Rose snarls, coming to stand next to the Doctor. "You killed him for no reason! We could've helped him! He was an innocent man!"

"What?" The Doctor asked, stepping back slightly, Alfie stays by Celeste's side not jumping to his sister's accusations.

"She killed an innocent man in cold blood without saying anything" Rose snaps, her glare still on Celeste.

"I didn't kill him in cold blood" Celeste speaks up quietly but the Doctor gains a cold look in his eyes.

"You did what?!" He hissed at her and Celeste looked him straight in the eyes only to find anger.

"Look into my mind, let me show you what would've happened. I did the best thing possible for everyone okay? So cut that angry shit out" She says angrily, annoyed at the fact she was getting made into the enemy so easily just because Rose says so.

The Doctor sighs and turns away before he swears lowly in an unrecognisable language, he turns back around placing his fingers on her temple.

He sees how it originally would've planned out, guilt fills him as he realises she saved several lives and that she did in fact do the best thing. She shoves him out of her mind once he's seen what he needs to see and he looks at her with sad eyes, the anger fully gone.

"Next time maybe let me explain" She says quietly again and she disappears, enveloped by golden light.

****

Celeste silently yells at herself as she walks down the street back towards her flat with Samuel. Perhaps she could've done it in another way, or a way that wasn't so painful?

"I wouldn't dwell on it, the Doctor will get over anything for his precious bonded" A familiar voice calls out and Celeste spins around only to be met with shadows. "I've learnt a few tricks since we last met"

"Where are you?" She says, anger obvious in her voice as she searched the darkness in a slight panic.

"I want your help on-"

"I'm not going to help you, I know your plan." She snarls at the darkness, not noticing a man in the alley behind her.

"Let me ask, my dear impossible girl" The Master emerges from the shadows, the man in the alley getting closer. "Does it work?"

"Is this man bothering you love?"