4: ʀᴇᴜɴɪᴛᴇᴅ.

a/n; lowercase intended gsdagifwoefb

guide: 

f/c = fav color

y/n's pov;

tears rush down my face, its him. oliver.

we run towards each other, embracing. "i-i thought you.. went to get adopted," i stammered. "well, sorry to break your assumption but this whole orphanage thing is a lie." oliver spoke, his tone becoming stern. like lucas said, this all was a lie. we're all just livestock, and eventually killed. but i swear on my life, that won't ever happen. i will stay alive.

"seems you're still wearing your shipment apparel. lets get you a change of clothes, yeah?" lucas interrupts are reuniting moment and lead me to a room. seems empty. but in it lies a dresser; which i'm assuming has clothes in it. lucas opens it and displayed is a variety of all sorts of clothes. 

i use my brain wisely, and pick a f/c zip-up jacket along with black pants. both of them are oversized, maybe 2 sizes up? the red head walked out the room respectfully to give me privacy, after closing the door he struck up a conversation. "so, you know my boy oliver, huh?" "yup, we both grew up in grand valley." 

finally finishing, i walk out the door to find lucas with his back against the wall to my right. "huh? aren't those a bit big for you?" lucas questions, dumbfounded. "i want more baggy clothes so if ever the demons come at me, it won't be easy to locate my limbs and how they're going to move." I grin, i feel like a genius. "ah, that's smart." 

we both walk back to the place where he first took me, oliver still waiting. when i come in contact to his sight, he stares in wonder. what's he gonna say now? something like- "did they not have any clothes your size y/n?" he asked. i knew it, he's just as dumbfounded just like lucas. "they did, but i decided to use my big brain. the larger clothes are an advantage, cutting off the ability to locate my limbs and predict how they'll move," i preach, both hands on my hips. "there's the y/n i know, still smart as ever."

i couldn't help but smile at oliver's recent complement. he's still a sweet boy, that's nice. 

author's pov;

(brief timeskip)

"oliver, may you gather the resistance members?" lucas requested. "yeah sure, but why though?" lucas paused, and smiled. "i believe y/n is worthy of joining the group. so i would like to introduce her to them." and like that, oliver went on to gather his comrades.

both paula and zack could be found outside the windmill. zack treating the injured, and paula? lord who knows what she does for her position. 

a/n; i dont got enuff info on what paula does cuz she had hardly any panels in the manga

"zack, paula!" oliver shout out. the duo flicked their heads in where the direction of oliver was, giving a questioned look; both being reserved when it come to speech. "lucas called a meeting, we have another member joining."

they nodded and followed oliver's lead towards the windmill. paula was first to step in, immediately locking eyes with y/n. the girl stiffened in shock, who knew her younger friend could actually end up here. not that paula thinks the girl is weak. "y/n?" 

y/n recognized the voice as her older friend, "paula? zack?" the boy covered in scars was just walking in, then again due to his quiet nature he just spared a wave. "thank you, oliver for bringing them here." lucas praised, patting the kids back. 

"now that everyone is here, you all most likely know our girl y/n." they all nodded, signifying their recognition of the girl is in presence. "cutting to the point. y/n here will be an addition to the resistance." lucas turned to face the girl, "welcome, lookout." 

y/n stood there dumbfounded, 'the heck is a lookout role and what is a resistance group?'  deciding best to not keep her unintelligence towards resistance groups a secret. she decided to question about what her role was to do. lucas obviously explained; in the easiest way possible, assuming that the girl isn't very smart when it comes to this stuff.

word count; 705(?)

a/n; G(DEOIWOEHWORIHVIOEWR sorry 4 tha late publish, when i announced i was working on this is didnt rlly wanna finish it but i decided why not bc id be keeping u guys waiting [smile]

also srry 4 tha short chapter [cry]