1: ᴜꜱᴜᴀʟ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ɢʀᴀɴᴅ ᴠᴀʟʟᴇʏ.

Y/n's POV:

After we say the grace before breakfast, mama interrupts us for no exact reason. "Sorry for the late announcement my children, but one of your siblings will be being shipped out tonight." I hear whines from my siblings, the fact that whenever she mentions that someone's being shipped out it's like we loose a pea in our pod.

"Who's getting shipped out anyways?" My brother, Sandy asks. "Your brother Oliver." Mama frowns. I drop my fork and start to choke on my food. 'NONONO WHAT?' I mentally scream, not even realizing what's happening to me, it took me a good 2 seconds to start coughing. Mama rushes over to me and pats my back, while Sonya offers me water. My coughing starts to calm down once I gulp down the water.

Although me and Oliver don't talk much anymore, he's still very important to me. But different? Like more than important than my other siblings, but why though? I guess I should try to talk more to him today, since it's his last day here.

(Time skip to play time)

Authors POV:

"Oliverrrr!!!" Y/n shouted. The boy glanced over at the energetic girl, turning a bit pink. As the girl finally got to him he questioned her with a 'hm?' slightly tilting his head. "Wanna play with me and my kite since it's your last day?" She grinned. Oliver nods as he takes her hand that she offered.

The caretaker watched the duo giggle and run around with a smile plastered on her face. 'I'm so sorry, Oliver.' She apologizes.

(Time skip to when he gets shipped out 🙁‼️)

Y/n's POV:

"Everyone say goodbye to Oliver!" Mama comments. We all bid our goodbyes to our non blood related brother with frowns on our faces. As I look at Oliver, my eyes start to glisten. I feel warm streaks of water drift to my cheeks. 'Am I really crying?' I thought, and to my dismay, I was crying. Once he realized I was crying and many other children were too, he puts a sad grin on his face. "It'll be alright everyone. Take care of yourselves."

We make eye contact and I nod, his smile grew bigger by my action. Mama leads him to the exit as I stare, he gives us one more glance. I see something shiny run down his cheek, 'was he also crying?'

'Once I get adopted and shipped out, I hope to meet him again.'

Word count: 414

A/N: sorry if this first chapter is kinda short, but to make it up I'll double update once I get out the shower 😵🥂‼️