24. A Snowy December Night

As the weeks went by Athena and Alex were completely inseparable, practically living together. Always staying over at each other's. They'd go everywhere together. Everything was going amazing. Everything felt fine in a long long time, nothing to worry about. Everyone had found out rather quickly, each of their friends very pleased.

A window slowly extended as a winter breeze blew it open and made it thud against a wall. The silence in Athena's room was filled up by Alex's humming, he's raspy morning voice quietly accompanying the notes that have been played on the guitar. He was sat on the floor against a wall, hair messy dangling above his eyes while his figure has been gently lit up by the sun that had been shining, the first time in while. In between Alex's crooning he saw the white duvet moving.

"Ey good morning darling" he smiled as Athena peaked above the covers "How've ye slept?"

"Lovely, please keep on singing" she demanded and so he did. He started singing for her again.

Athena layed their listening to him singing, it was the thing she loved the most. He's voice was the most purest, perfect thing. Closing her eyes enjoying this very moment while it lasted. It felt like a seventh heaven, like she went to Shangri-La. While listening to her loved ones voice she slowly faded back to dreamland for another hour.

Alex was going to take Athena out on a date, it was actually going to be their first real one, since they were both busy with their work. He had it all planned out, the restaurant, the food, everything. They slowly began to get ready as the night was coming closer. Alex had decided to go to a quite fancy place so they both dressed pretty nice.

When Athena was doing here make up Alex sneaked up behind her to get affection. Smooching her back with kisses and telling her how happy he was. "Im so happy I can finally kiss ye and hold ya in me arms" he kept on repeating. Athena couldn't let that sentence out her mind. She kept on thinking and thinking about the fact he saying so much about that when they weren't even together for too long, but those thoughts quickly left her mind as fast as they came hoping she'd never have to face them again.

The winter had come, it was very cold. The roofs were covered in thick white snow everyone hopes to see at this time of year. The houses were lit up by cozy coloured lights. You could see all the Christmas trees that had been put by each family. It was one of the warmest times were every family was reunited together. The restaurant Alex had chosen was not so far from his house so they decided to walk.

Both were dressed up quite good, but as the winters there were always pretty cold, they'd have to get completely bundled up in clothing to not freeze. They headed outside to their destination of the night. The scenery was enchanting, the white snow laying almost everywhere, the orange street lanterns shining on it to light up those pitch black nights. It was something out of a painting, or a movie.

Talking about nothing in particular they strudded down the streets of the city that they were familiar with. Alex was studying Athena's face quite frequently. Everything was just so beautiful about her, how her skin would start shining a bit as those orange lanterns lit her face up, how you could see the tip of her nose turn red as it wasn't protected by her winter wear when the snowflakes were falling down. It has been mentioned a lot but she was really his dream girl.

When they finally arrived at the restaurant both were pretty exhausted, even if it wasn't that far walking like such whilst wearing the amount of clothes they had on was quite the workout.