15. And I Love Her

They sat in silence, letting the beauty of the night sink in. Athena wasn't that sad anymore as she had Alex comforting her. She was slowly falling asleep in his arms. He was almost drifting away too. Both clearly enjoying each other's company. Alex had kept reassuring her that it was the best decision as she was questioning herself. Alex was about fully asleep when he suddenly almost fell in to the water as he's body had completely loosened up, scaring the both awake.

"Aah shite" he cussed "I've waken us up, sorey"

"Don't worry I think it's the best we sleep somewhere else where there's no chance of us falling in the water" Athena laughed

"Good idea, let's go darlin" Alex said

"So, I've heard ya and Arielle got a lil cozy at a party" she smirked

"Hehe, that's true. We've always been about friends but she's really sweet and I really like her" he confessed

"I'm so happy for ya! Arielle is a very sweet gal. I always thought she had summat for ya" Athena implied. As they were walking back to the car the sky has started to wake up again. The rising sun casted a golden hue across the sky. The morning scent of the dawn curling up the leaves. Nothing more then the two wandering back to Alex's car. You could hear the birds communicating. The summer had gone by and it was beginning to get cold again. The leaves were slowly beginning to turn yellow. But they would find warmth and comfort in each other.

Neither of the two wanted to go away, both wanted to stay in the moment forever. The band had a month break after two months of touring. And they would have Christmas and new years of. Athena was very busy with all her work, she was going to publish a new book. Lorena came back in november as she and Nick had broken up. Both liked each other very much but they would work better as friends. The days dragged their heels when Alex and Athena weren't together. Both waiting eagerly for Christmas to come around the corner. They almost talked every day. Alex and Arielle had been going very good, both very happy together, it looked like Alex was moving a bit further from his feelings towards Athena. Athena was slowly moving on from Emile and left him in the past.

Early december Athena her book was published "Aphrodite's Tear" with photographs and pieces she had written. As she was always spending time with her publicist, Timothée they have become quite good friends. One time when they just met Alex came to pick Athena up, and when Timothée saw him he almost fainted. When Athena had told everything about Alex to him he was in shock, he couldn't get one word out of him. He kept saying "Athena I swear to god if you don't take him I will"

When Christmas came she couldn't be more excited to spend it with her friends. They had agreed to come together at Matt's house. Everyone would come, except Lorena. Athena was making a Chinese dish her grandmother would always make called "ba bao fan" It's a sticky and moist glutinous rice pudding studded with candied fruits, nuts, and seeds. Matt's place was very nice too, but it was never too fancy for it not being able to call it a home anymore. Athena was the first one to arrive Matt and Breana were already busy preparing everything. When Matt when to open the door he was very happy to see his friend again.

"Athena I've missed ya so much" he said whilst hugging her "I'm so happy to see ya, how've ya been? I heard ya have a new book out!"

"I've missed you all to much too handle! I've been doing great, and ya me books selling amazing. How's tour?" She asked

"I love touring around and going to all those places but it's good to be back home for a while" Matt answered "What d'ya have here?"

"I thought I'd made summat to contribute, it's me Chinese grandmother's ba bao fan, it's for dessert" she explained

"I didn't know you were Chinese! Athena this looks amazing can't wait to taste it" He laughed

Athena went in and said her hello's to Breana, she was very happy to see her friend again. Athena helped set everything up. Slowly everyone began to arrive. When Jamie saw Athena he was like a little dog, he immediately sprung in to her arms. "Were finally reunited! Nobody can tear up apart anymore" he yelled. Alex was once again the latest. He's hair was totally different now, a 50's quiff dangling over his face. It was very attractive to say the least.

The girls did all the work as the guys hid on the settees to watch a football game. Jamie was the most excited and was always yelling and cheering. Once everything was ready everyone came to the table. Athena sat next to Katie as she was telling Jamie that she needed to sit next to her. And naturally Alex sat on the other side of her. Nick kept telling about all the things that happend on tour and was laughing like a little child. Everyone was devouring the food that Breana had made. It was too delicious to leave over. Alex kept stealing Athena's food, it was to get her attention. When she wasn't paying attention he would grab something of her plate and munch it very loud. Everyone was stuffed, but they needed to taste what Athena had made. Everyone was moaning left and right, it was to delicious.

"What kind of crack have ye put in this" Matt asked

"Ya need to make me whole stock of this so i won't go another day without this" Jamie demanded

"I can't help it but I'm getting turnt on by this" Nick confessed. Athena almost chocked by his reaction. "Seriously tho what's in this I need to know"

"It's a Chinese dish, it's made from sticky rice" she explained

"Yer Chinese?" Alex asked

"I'm half Chinese, half French. Me mother's from China and me father's French" Athena shrugged

"Ya keep coming with all these interesting things about ya" Alex said

"Do you eat dog?" Jamie asked curiously. Katie gave him a punch and told him off that he couldn't ask that.

"No we don't, Jameh" she laughed

Everyone was fighting for the ba bao fan she had made. The night was going better than ever, it was so good to be all together after many months on tour, laughing and catching up on things. Alex had gone silent for the night. He hadn't said much, and Athena saw it. When Alex went out for a bit, she followed. Alex was always there for her after the break up so she was going to be there for him.

"Ey Alex are you alreyt?" She asked, no answer. "You know you can talk to me reyt?"

"Can we sit somewhere first?" He asked

There was a table with a couple of chairs standing by. The pale moon shining bright over the city. Her light was stolen away from the lights that came from the city, it was light pollution. From the moon you could see all the lights that were light up at night from the city.
Once they were sat Alex decided to break the silence.

"Me and Arielle have been going so good right now. She's so sweet and I love her so much and she deserves the world, and I want to give her that. But there is someone else. I thought I was over her, but she's still always on my mind, she's everywhere. When I see even the smallest thing that reminds me of her, i begin to wonder that maybe I need to be with her"