However, I don't allow the agitation to linger for too long because when I look down at my phone, I see a text message from Naomi that brings a smile to my face.

Naomi: Hey! I'm super excited about this weekend even though I have no idea where you're taking me. Either way, I can't wait to see you!

Sebastien: I can't wait to see you too, dear. I hope you like what I have planned.

After sending the text, I quickly straighten up my office before heading out to pick her up from work.

###

Naomi Monroe

I've been doing really well with listening to what Gianni told me and not waiting for the other shoe to drop, but it's getting more and more difficult with how good Sebastien is to me. The 'undisclosed location' he chose for our weekend getaway was his house in Big Sur and it is incredibly nice with a beautiful view of the ocean. I like the way it's kind of secluded as if we get to live in our own little world. I mean, it already feels like that when we're together, but even more so with the distance between the homes here.

When we arrived, he had bouquets of chrysanthemums - my favorite flowers - set up around the house. He also refused to let me into the main bedroom to take a shower, so I had to use the guest room, which is still nice, but he's been all finicky tonight like he has something planned.

Sebastien is such good man that it's almost unreal. My mind keeps trying to figure out what the catch could be, as if something should be wrong, but I refuse to commit self-sabotage here. It's difficult, but worth it to just continue going with the flow and allowing the pieces to fall where they may.

It's also why I've decided to be Sebastien's sub. I trust him, he hasn't given me even an inkling of a reason not to, and I want this with him. I haven't told him yet, but I am definitely bringing it up at some point. And with the way he's looking tonight, I want this man to do anything and everything to me. This dark blue button-up that matches his eyes hugs him in all the right ways, his face is clean-shaven and he has been smiling and licking his lips a lot more than usual tonight.

"Naomi..." Sebastien calls for my attention and when I look up, he gulps nervously before taking my hand and I realize his palms are sweaty.

"Hm?" I've never seen him look so uneasy.

"Well... We've been spending a lot of time together and we've made clear our feelings for each other." He readjusts in his seat and holds my face with his other hand. "Naomi Monroe, I'd like the two of us to to be together exclusively. What do you think?"

I choke at his words and my brows furrow. "W-what?"

"I'm not really fond of the word 'girlfriend,' Naomi, but if that makes it clearer, I'm willing to say it. Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" What does he mean? Is he using the right word? He wants me to be his....

###

Sebastien Laurent

"Girlfriend?" Naomi asks me, the disbelief clear in her face. How much more obvious can I make it for her?

"Yes, Naomi." I rub her cheek with my thumb. "I want to be with you, and just you, exclusively. And I'm asking if you want the same with me."

There's a long pause and I try to keep it together despite my heart beating in my ears. I'm slightly embarrassed knowing that my palms are probably growing sweatier - an unattractive trait of mine. Just when I think I'm going to have a heart attack, the woman finally speaks up.