27 Weeks - Part 2

No!

Draco shook his head, as if that would make everything magically go away. This couldn't be happening. Maybe it was just another one of those completely fabricated stories! But where did they get the picture then? Maybe he wasn't that hurt! But then, why was Ron screaming like that? Weren't they done being friends?

He'd only react that strongly if something was really wrong with Harry...

The blonde ran to the fireplace, calling Hermione immediately. No answer. She must be at St. Mungo's as well. He needed to get to Harry, to understand the situation. He couldn't just sit here doing nothing! Draco got up and rummaged through every cabinet in the kitchen, looking for the disguise potions the brunette had left him when he went on his mission. He took one, not even wincing at the painful transformation, and raced out of the house only to discover he didn't know the way. He needed to stop muggles and ask them where the place was.

Taking a deep breath, the blonde approached a boy who looked about his age, and smiled slightly.

"D-do you know where Purge and Dowse is? It's an old clothing store. Looks like it hasn't been cleaned in years?" he asked, trying not to give his desperation away. No muggle would understand why he needed to arrive at the location so badly.

"Sorry, dude. I don't," the boy said, then continued to walk. Draco groaned internally. He would have to approach another muggle. It took everything he had just to talk to that one! He should've brought a calming draught with him.

The blonde's eyes started to tear up as soon as the third person he came up to told him he didn't know. It was hopeless. The place was charmed to repel muggles. None of them would know where it was. Draco wanted to go home, but he didn't want to just sit there and wait. He could be waiting forever for news. He felt so helpless as he let his tears fall to the ground next to his shoes, wondering if this is what it would feel like if he stayed after the birth. Had the twins caught a magical disease and he'd needed to get them to St. Mungo's, he would've failed. That's all he ever does. Fail. Fail. Fail. No matter how many steps he could take out of the house, whether he could talk to others or not, Draco wasn't fit to be a parent, a friend, or even a functioning member of society.

"Hey you!"

The blonde jumped once he realized the random guy was talking to him.

"Y-yes?" he asked, hesitantly, ready to run at any sign of trouble.

"Isn't that the place you're asking for?" he asked, then gestured at a near, dark alley that held the store. Draco could have kissed him!

How didn't I notice that?

"Yes, thank you! I've been looking forever!" the blonde cheered. The guy nodded, then leaned in slightly and whispered.

"I hope your loved one will be alright," the guy, who apparently knew about St. Mungo's, whispered, then gave Draco a slight smile and left.

Draco calmly walked to the store and started to plead with the mannequin in the shop's window. Then, he was finally given permission to enter, and walked into the reception of St. Mungo's only to realize he had no idea how to get to Harry.

What am I supposed to say?

'Hey! I am here to see the savior. No. I don't have any relation to him?'

Before he could think about it too long, Draco was suddenly yanked into one of the waiting rooms, only to realize it wasn't a waiting room at all; it was Harry's room. The brunette was there, unconscious on the bed, with a red-eyed Ron sitting next to him with a guilty look on his face, and Hermione standing next to Draco with her hand still on his arm, gazing at him with a sympathetic look.

Thank Merlin that Harry remembered to tweak the potion so that Hermione could recognize me...

Before the blonde could say anything, a patronus came into the room.

"Weasley, I know you're with Potter, but the wards of St. Mungo's just detected that someone with the dark mark has entered. I need you to investigate and bring that person in, whoever it is."

Draco's heart stopped. He wouldn't be able to get away. How could he not have thought this through? Ron would definitely know it was him. Only one death eater didn't leave England after the kidnappings and that was Draco Malfoy.

And, sure enough, the red-head's eyes instantly snapped towards the blonde, giving him a knowing look, but, to Draco's surprise, he did nothing, merely looking away and shutting his eyes.

"What will you do?" Hermione asked, the apprehension clear in her tone. Ron seemed to think about it for hours before he spoke.

"I'll go look. If I don't find them, whoever they are, within ten minutes, I'll send a patronus back to Robards telling him to bring over a team." the red-head said firmly, giving the blonde a look. Draco sighed in relief. Ron was giving him ten minutes with the brunette. It wasn't much, but it was better than nothing.

The blonde gave the red-head a grateful look, then instantly raced to Harry's side once Ron left the room.

Harry?

Please tell me you can hear me.

Are you there?

Please, Harry!

Tears started to flow down Draco's face when he received no reply from the brunette through their mind link. He didn't even feel anything from Harry's side of the bond. Did that mean...

"What happened?" he choked out, still looking at the brunette, whose face was covered in cuts. Hermione came up behind him and explained, somehow calm about everything that was going on.

"A curse was thrown at Ron, and Harry tried to push him out of the way, but- it hit Harry, instead," she said, then added softly, "He's going to wake up soon. This is just how the body deals with pain at first. They've given him the antidote, so he'll wake up when his body feels well enough."

Draco shook his head, suddenly angry at the brunette.

That idiot!

Weasley curses him out and betrays him all the time.

Why did he care whether Ron gets hurt or not?

He'll regret this.

I'll give him the worst recovery of his life once he wakes up.

Except...I won't be here then, unless he wakes up within the next ten minutes...

The furious look on the blonde's face was replaced with a sad expression. He sighed, nodded his head to acknowledge what Hermione had said, then leaned over the brunette to give him a kiss on the forehead.

Please wake up soon, Harry.