~chapter fifteen~

Start from the beginning

He was already in the corner of the couch but he had picked me up while sitting. I guess he is strong. He sat me in-between his legs on the couch and pressed my back to his chest.

"There, you just looked too lonely for your own good."

"Oh please you just wanted to feel me up on you."

"..." He scoffed mid laugh.

"WAIT. Not like that oh my god you idiot." He laughed softly into my ear because of how close he was and it made me shiver and get goosebumps. 

"Are you cold?"

"...no."

"Mm 'kay." He grabbed a blanket and put it on top of us and he finished his order on the phone. "George I hate to be the repetitive type, but are you going to tell me why you were crying when your sister called?" He was speaking so softly and gentle, like if he knew I could break at any second with the wrong choice of words. I don't deserve him, he's such a good human being.

"It... It wasn't my sister." I turned slightly so I could face him. I took all of his details in quickly then continued, "Well it was my sister, that's why I picked up, but then Brandon answered the phone. He kept asking me where I was, but then he took a clean guess. He said I hopped on a plane and came to you my 'bOyFrIeNd'. He told me I was so predictable and that I made a mistake for running. Not only that, he told me I messed up your life in more words than one. Saying how a gay boy like me would probably infect you or some shit. But that's not the scariest part, he said he was going to.. come here. To Florida, with Nora and the kids, to take them on a vacation but I'm not stupid Dream. He's coming to bring me back to my Dad. Then he said..." I started avoiding eye contact and I felt my throat itch a little. "He said he was going to hurt you." I whispered the last one then looked to my right away from Dream.

"George, look at me." I hesitated for a moment but then slowly looked to my left to meet his gaze. "I will never let anything bad happen to you. I will not let that asswipe take you back to London and I sure as hell won't let him lay a finger on me either. I can take care of myself and you. Now with Nick here he can help us too, I'm not scared of Brandon. If anything I'd like to see the son of a bitch come down here and test me, I will speedrun his crusty ass all the way back to that dogwater place he calls home." 

He was trying to make me laugh in a non-laughable situation and it was working. I didn't feel the need to cry anymore and I was laughing like crazy. I put my head on his shoulder then stared at the ceiling.

"You shouldn't have to care about me like this I don't deserve it, I don't deserve you."

"On the contrary darling, you deserve the world."

"... Um Hello?! Did you guys not hear the door, the pizza is here. I'm assuming you payed online correct?" Sapnap came into the room with his hair wet and in his black pajamas.

"Yeah that's right."

Sapnap received the pizza boxes, along with the hot wings, cheesy bread, and lava cakes. Dream got one for Sap too considering he doesn't joke around with food. He set them on the coffee table in the living room then threw himself on the mattress.

"You know, if I knew I was going to third wheel like this I would have gotten a hotel."

"Ah Sap, don't be like that you know if we all fit in that bed we would all be cuddling." Dream commented as he pointed towards the cheesy bread as a signal for Sapnap to pass it to him. Sapnap took the hint and started grabbing the box of cheesy bread and I could basically feel my mouth water for it.

"Yeah yeah, I know. I'm just messing with you, did you guys pick a movie?" Sapnap questioned and finished passing Dream the smaller box. Dream took half of it out and passed it to me first and I just smiled then looked at Sapnap.

"Actually yeah I got a great idea! Why don't we all binge on The Flash together, it would be so fun. Plus we can watch one episode tonight since we would most likely be tired for the early open house tomorrow."

I started nibbling the bread waiting for their responses and felt Dream wrap his right arm around the right side of my neck. He just rested it there and was eating the pepperoni and sausage pizza slice with his left hand. "Hell yeah I like the sound of that. Sap you up for that? Also pass me the Hawaiian box."

Sapnap passed him the box, and Dream took out two slices from it. He set it on my paper plate then smiled. He knows I'm too shy to get the myself food, and that I was comfortable on him to move. "Yeah put it on Georgie."

"Ew don't call me that. Gross." I clicked on the show the rested back a bit more onto Dream. He didn't seem to mind seeing as his arm rested more on my chest as well.

We were already ten minutes into the first episode and we were all very intrigued. We had finished our portions and decided to save the rest as leftovers, but I still wanted to share the lava cake with Dream. "Hey Sap, can you pass me the lava cake and two forks?"

"Two?" He raised his eyebrow but grabbed the tiny box and utensils anyway.

"No four. Yes two you idiot." I grabbed them from him and watched as he looked back at the show. I opened the lid from the cake and decided to get comfortable again. I was still almost on top of him but I moved his legs more towards the left on the couch. So now, He was sitting straight facing the T.V, and I was sitting sideways with my legs over his lap with my back on the other side of the corner of the couch.

(Please I don't know how to explain this.)

I handed him a fork and insisted that he went in first. "Come on try it first" I was smiling a lot because the whole situation made my heart feel warm.

"Okay okay, here I go." He took a small bit from the cake and let the fork slide through his lips, and his eyes slightly widened. "Oh my gosh, George try it right now it's so good."

I immediately took a piece from it and slipped past my lips to taste the sweet chocolate on my tongue. "Oh wow. That had no right being that good."

"Oh you have a little something," He lifted his thump to the right corner of my lip then slowly wiped the stray smudge of chocolate. His others fingers lightly rested on my chin as he was cleaning but I noticed his touch slowed and lingered for a moment. And for the millionth time that night, brown eyes met green and time froze. No one else was in the room (R.I.P Sapnap) but us and I felt him lean in the smallest bit. To anyone, it would have seemed like he didn't even move. But to me, I visibly saw him lean forward. I looked away from him and back at the screen and decided I didn't want any more cake for tonight. I don't know what the fuck just happened but all I know is that his touch lingered. His lips looked so soft and pink, and his eyes looked so intensely into mine. But I couldn't get my hopes up, we probably just got caught up in the moment. 

 I decided to break the awkward silence between us by including Sapnap into this. "Sap you need to try the lava cake like now."

"Oh yeah it's so good, eat it while it's still warm."

"Alright, Alright."

~~~~~~~~~~

I think we were two episodes in, but I couldn't tell because I was super sleepy, the last thing I remember was Barry fawning over Iris. But now everything was completely black and I was sure I was asleep. Until I felt two arms wrap around my upper back and under my knees. I felt myself get lifted then settled into the bed and I snuggled right up to the pillow and blanket. I opened my eyes and right away felt the other side of the bed dip and saw Dream.  We were both under the covers facing each other and we were both silent. We both were just inspecting and taking in each other's features and didn't speak a word. We didn't have to. I smiled one last time then whispered, "Goodnight Dreamy. Thank you for today."

"Your welcome Georgie." I smiled.

"I only like it when you call me that."

"I know.. I know."

And with that we both closed our eyes and fell asleep into the darkness of the night, awaiting the new chapter of our lives tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2227 words

EDITED

-Luna