"It's okay mom. Nothing will happen, I promise. Go to Crystal. Trust me," I plead, trying to act worry free.

I never gave my mother a reason to doubt me. Our relationship has always been good. My mom takes my words as true and runs toward Crystal.

I look back at my father, "well, I'm here."

"So, you are. I see you have your mates pretty tied up there," he says, looking back towards Joshua and Ethan.

They are on their knees grunting and growling, trying to get free from my command.

The pack members are still on standby. They will not make a move without a command from their alphas.

"They will not act out. So, you can forget about that. There will be no battle here," I reply.

"Hmmm...let's see if that's true," my father says, getting a hold of me.

He takes a gun hidden behind his jeans and points it toward my temple.

He yells, daring my pack to make a move, "is this how you protect your so call Luna."

Snarls are echoed throughout the area.

He laughs, looking at the struggling alphas, continuing, "is this how you protect your mate.... or your child."

He shifts the gun toward my abdomen. He is clearly trying to get a response out of me too, but I have already come to terms with my decision.

Ethan and Joshua are partially transformed. Their eyes dark and their fingernails elongated. They are trying to remain in control. They could not afford being completely blinded with their animal instincts. They need to think rationally.

I see Joshua and Ethan suddenly lose focus. I know what is coming; they are giving orders. I am not going to fall for the same trick twice. Just as the pack members are beginning to transform, I close my eyes and take the deepest breath in, focusing on each distinct life form.

I open them. There it is, the pack grunting and struggling as Ethan and Joshua, partially transform. It is draining, so draining. I know I can't keep this on for long.

Joshua screams out, "DAM IT, LILLY!"

My father is clearly annoyed that I am fooling his plans. I take this opportunity to address the human crowd.

"There will be no battle as you can see. This man you are following is only using you guys to achieve a failed agenda, to prove to himself that he isn't just trash. I don't know what he said to you all, but I can tell you with certainty that werewolves just want to live. They want to be able to make a home and love as we all do. Take this leap of faith and prove to this pack that humans are not ruthless creatures. They have grown from past mistakes, but so have humans."

There are murmurs throughout the crowd. Whoever these people are, they are not mindless soldiers. My father must have plaid on their fears as suspected. He does not care who they are. He just needs their blood to be shed by the pack to be able to start a chain effect with other humans, who are looking for an excuse to start a war.

One by one the humans start to drop their weapons. My father is shaking with furry. It does not matter. The pack is able to see that humans could be reasoned with.

I see my pack struggle less against my control. They calm down, thinking the danger has passed. I am relieved because I feel myself drain; my eyes heavier. I will not be able to stay in control much longer.

In one last desperate attempt to get a reaction from Ethan and Joshua, my father throws me to the ground, pointing the gun at me with his finger lingering on the trigger.