Chapter One: Another Planet

Leanna's POV

There she was yawning, before sitting up to stare out the wonderfully tall windows that lined the edge of her two bedroom apartment. She never drew the curtains at night since she preferred to wake up to the rays of the sun bombarding her uniquely sculptured heart-shaped face. Her chestnut brown hair cascaded to the center of her back in a wave of bouncy curls.

She had these pure and piercing nut-brown eyes that would drown you the second you look too deeply into them. Of course this was caused by her hypnotic gaze. A nose that was quite prominent is one of her many possessions. Even her lips were full; attacking the naughty minds of men like wildfire rapidly spreading, its what they did. Trust me, they aim to please. Her neck was slender but believe me when I say the worked well with that hourglass figure of hers.

Seeing that those long legs could make a man gape all day, I wish they were mine. Not to mention the hips she owned, portraying those "to die for curves ". The skin owned by this beyond perfect specimen was just flawlessly creamy. Don't even get me started on the clothes she wears. Most of them were of her own design and lord! they don't fail at the job of accentuating those curves. I mean... It's ridiculous how perfect she was.

Okay, maybe am blowing this thing out of proportion but jeez!! Sometimes I wonder if God did a total make over on her to say the least. You might be wondering if i'm a lesbian or something. Allow me to clear the air. I'm Not. "Wait a minute. What the hell is wrong with you, perv? " My subconscious snapped, dragging me back to reality.

I stood there staring at my best friend for almost half an hour before my phone rang causing me to jump and so did she. Turning her head slowly, she glared at me.

"What the hell? How did you get in here? And how long have you been standing there Leanna?" She proceeded to ramble on with her many questions. I just gave her a weak smile and shook my head at her rant knowing that I was dead when she got off that bed.

"Firstly," I began. "The maintenance guy opened the door for me, since you weren't answering." Sadly I now knew why she didn't answer the door, she was completely on another planet.

"And secondly, about half an hour, " I stated after which I gave my attention to my phone seeing that I had missed the call.

"What? What time is it by the way?" She yelled looking at me mortified. I look at my watch. As I did my eyes went wide in shock. It was almost 8:30 and we had to be at work exactly a quarter to 9.

"Um.... It's almost 8:40, so you better get your bloody ass off that bed if you want to reach work on time," I lied trying to keep a straight face. The look on her face was priceless as she stares at me open-mouthed while jumping off the bed and falling in the process because her foot was entangled in the sheet.

To this I could no longer hold in my laughter as I collapsed on her bed in a fit of giggles.

"Hahaha, very funny!!" She said sarcasm thick in her voice. "I can't believe you stood there looking at me this entire time knowing I was going to be late. And you know how much of an a**hole our boss is." I frowned at her. I know she hates our boss like six doses of poison even though she thought he was sexy. I really couldn't blame her, the guy was one of the most attractive pain in the a** man i've every laid these gorgeous eyes of mine on.

I was so occupied in my thoughts that I didn't even notice she was ready and waiting. "Wow! That was fast!"

"Bitch please.....let's go before I loose my job here. I can't take a memo from that man. He gets on my nerves almost everytime he opens his mouth. " Sighs heavily. "I don't know who shoved a stick up his a** permanently."

-------------------------------------------------------------
Hello readers, this is my first book so bare with my mistakes and tell me what you think. Looking forward to your responses.