Chapter 31

"How long?" asked Edward when he and Bella joined us.
"A few minutes. Maybe ten?" said Alice.
"Bella? What happened to your arm?" I asked when I saw the bandage.

"Victoria, I had to distract her" she said.
"By hurting yourself?" I asked.
"The pack needs to leave. The Volturi won't honour a truce with the werewolves" said Carlisle.

I stood next to Jasper and I wrapped my arm around his waist while his arm was on my back.
"There's another one" I said when I sensed a vampire.
Leah went after the last vampire, but was struggling. So Jacob took over, but the vampire managed to wrap his arms around Jacob and broke his bones...

All the wolves sprung in action and killed the vampire.
Jacob phased back and Bella ran to him.
"Jacob!" she shouted.
Jasper pulled me closer to him and calmed me down.

The wolves took Jacob away, Carlisle was going to look after him later.
First we had to see the Volturi...
"They're coming!" said Alice, the wolves were gone just in time...

I held Jasper his hand tightly. It wasn't easy seeing Jane, who murdered my father.
"Impressive" she said. "I've never seen a coven escape an assault of this magnitude intact"
"We were lucky" said Carlisle.

"I doubt that" said Jane.
"It appears we missed an entertaining fight" said Alec.
"Yes" said Jane. "It's not often we're rendered unnecessary"

"If you'd arrived a half hour ago, you would have fulfilled your purpose" said Edward.
"Pity" said Jane. "You missed one" she looked at Bree.
"We offered her asylum in exchange for her surrender" said Carlisle.

"That wasn't yours to offer" said Jane. "Why did you come?"
Before Bree had time to answer, Jane used her powers and Bree began to scream.
Jasper pulled me to his chest so I didn't have to watch what happened to my father again.

"Who created you?" asked Jane.
"You don't need to do that. She'll tell you anything you want to know" said Esme.
"I know" said Jane and she stopped using her power.

"I don't know" said Bree, still in pain. "Riley wouldn't tell us. He said our thoughts weren't safe"
"Her name was Victoria" said Edward. "Perhaps you knew her"
"Edward, if the Volturi had knowledge of Victoria, they would have stopped her. Isn't that right, Jane?" asked Carlisle.

"Of course" said Jane. "Felix"
"She didn't know what she was doing!" defended Esme. "We'll take responsibility for her"
"Give her a chance" said Carlisle.

"The Volturi don't give second chances. Keep that in mind" said Jane. "Caius will be interested to know that she's still human"
"The date is set" said Bella and I was confused.
'When did that happen?'

"Take care of that, Felix. I'd like to go home" said Jane.
Jasper covered my ears and looked at me.
But I could feel Bree die... and I let a tear fall the moment I felt her life end...

Bella went to see Jacob. While I stayed at the Cullen's house with the other Cullens.
"So, Emma" said Edward and I raised my eyebrow at him.
"What?" I asked him.

"I know you don't really like me" he said.
"That's the understatement of the year" I sighed and Jasper looked at me. "What?"
"But you know I love Bella, more than anything" said Edward and Jasper laid his hands on my shoulder.

"Why does Jasper have to swing my mood for this conversation?" I asked and Jasper chuckled.
"Sorry, got caught" he said to Edward.
"Just get on with your speech, Edward" I sighed and Jasper sat down next to me.

I drank a little bit of soda.
"You are very important to her. You are her family. So, I want to have your permission to marry Bella" he said and I spit my drink out in his face, making everyone laugh.

"Excuse me? I'm gonna need you to repeat that. Because I think I heard you asked for my permission to marry Bella" I said and he smiled while drying his face off.
"That's exactly what I did" he said.

"Have you asked her already?" I asked and he nodded. "She actually said yes?"
"Yes, Emma. She said yes" said Edward.
"Then why are you asking me, when you already asked her?" I asked.

"You're her family" he said.
"And you have a bigger chance with getting my permission than with Charlie's?" I asked and Jasper snorted. "Look, it's Bella's choice. And for whatever reason, she keeps choosing you. So if she said yes and she's happy with that choice. Then yes, you have my permission. But hurt her, and I'll kill you"
"Noted" laughed Edward. "Thank you, Emma"

~

Alice was happy, she already began making wedding plans.
"And soon will be Emma's wedding too!" she squealed and I frowned.
"No way" I said. "If I ever get married with Jasper. It'll be small"

"But Emma!" said Alice.
"Alice!" I shouted. "No big wedding for me. You can make Bella's 2 times bigger to make up for it"
"That's a great idea!" she said and I laughed.
'So, one day Jasper will propose, heh?'

-End of Eclipse