Chapter 12

-Jasper POV-

But in front of Emma, Victoria stopped, grabbed her head and began to scream.
Emma her eyes were glowing bright blue and she was looking at Victoria who fell on her knees.
"A Banshee" said Laurent. "Get back Victoria. You really don't want to kill a Banshee, unless you have a death wish"

Victoria stumbled back in line. I ran to Emma to see if she was okay and her eyes stopped glowing. I touched her face to see if she was alright and she nodded her head.
'Thank God...'

"I can see the game is over" said Laurent. "We'll go now"
But James didn't back off. "James" said Laurent.
They left reluctantly, but James wasn't going to stop until he had Bella...

-Emma POV-

I was scared, Jasper kept looking at me to see if I was okay.
'What the hell did I just do?'
"Get Bella out of here" said Carlisle to Edward. "Go"

"Jasper?" I whispered and looked into his golden eyes.
"Don't worry, he won't go after you. Stay close to me" he whispered.
"I don't understand what's happening" I whispered and I saw that Edward pushed Bella into the jeep. "Jazz... please, tell me what's happening"

"I'll explain in the car. I promise, I'll protect you" he said and put me on his back.
He ran to the car where he drove fast to the Cullen's house.

~

"James is a tracker. He'll hunt for Bella, Edwards reaction provoked him" said Jasper while driving.
"Wait, he'll go after Bella? What about Charlie?" I asked.
"Bella will say that you're having a sleepover with Alice. James will leave Charlie out of this. He won't go after you since you're a Banshee" he said.

"Why is that?" I asked.
"When you kill a Banshee, they release a dying scream, killing whoever killed them" said Jasper and I tensed up.
He held my hand and calmed me down.
"You, Alice and I will take Bella away from here. The others will hunt for James. We'll have to kill him" he said.

We arrived at the Cullen's house. I saw Alice and she hugged me.
"You were very brave, Emma. I'm proud of you" she said.
"I don't know how I did that" I admitted and she smiled.

"You will learn how to control it" she said and that made me relax a little bit.
"I'm scared, Alice" I whispered and she hugged me tighter.
"I know, but everything will be fine. We'll protect you and Bella" she said.

I looked at Jasper who made sure I stayed calm with his gift.
But I sensed Laurent, Jasper ran to me.
"Laurent, he's here" I whispered.

"You have a powerful Banshee in your circle" said Laurent and Jasper stood in front of me. "Don't worry, I have no intention to die yet. It's an honour to meet a Banshee. You are a very rare creature. And you look a lot like your grandmother"

"Why are you here?" asked Jasper.
"To warn you" said Laurent.

Bella and Edward arrived and were shocked to see Laurent.
"Wait" said Carlisle. "He came to warn us about James"

"This isn't my fight, and I've grown tired of his games, but he's got unparalleled senses, absolutely lethal. I've never seen anything like him in my 300 years. And the woman, Victoria, don't underestimate her" said Laurent and he left.
We went to the garage where we were getting ready to leave.

"I've had to fight our kind before. We're not easy to kill" said Jasper.
"But not impossible" said Emmett. "We'll tear them apart and burn the pieces"
"Why do I feel that you mean that literally?" I said and Emmett smiled.

"I don't relish the thought of killing another creature, even a sadistic one like James" said Carlisle.
"What if he kills one of us first?" asked Rosalie.
"I'm gonna run Bella south. Can you lead the tracker away from here?" asked Edward.

"No, Edward. James knows you would never leave Bella. He'll follow you" said Carlisle.
"I'll go with Bella. Jasper, Emma and I will drive her south. I'll keep her safe, Edward" said Alice.
"Can you keep your thoughts to yourself?" said Edward.

"Yes" said Alice and stepped with Bella in the back of the car.
I sat in front with Jasper.
I saw Edward saying goodbye to Bella and I looked at Jasper and that's when it hit me hard.
'I love Jasper'

~

While we were driving, Jasper took my hand and laid it in the middle.
Bella called Renée and I focussed on Jasper. He had become my rock, I wouldn't know what I would do if I ever lost him...

We arrived in Phoenix and went into our hotel room.
Alice suddenly gasped, she saw something...
"What is it? What do you see?" asked Jasper.
"The tracker, he just changed course" said Alice.

"Where will it take him, Alice?" I asked her.
"Mirrors" she said and Jasper took a pencil and some paper out of my bag. "A room full of mirrors" she began to draw.
"Edward said the visions weren't always certain" said Bella.

"She sees the course people are on while they're on it" explained Jasper. "If they change their minds, the vision changes"
"Okay, so the course that the tracker's on now is gonna lead him to a ballet studio?" asked Bella.
"You've been here?" asked Alice.

"I took lessons as a kid" said Bella. "The school I went to had an arch just like that"
"Was your school here in Phoenix?" asked Jasper.
"Yeah" said Bella, but her phone went off.

"Emma, are you okay?" asked Jasper and he touched my waist.
"I don't know" I admitted honestly. "I'm not sure how to process all of this yet"
"I know" he said and pulled me into his arms. "But Emma, you are my priority. I'll make sure you're safe. I promise"

"I just want to go back home, Jasper" I whispered.
"I know, when we got him. We'll go back. I still need to take you to the dance" he said and I smiled.
"I thought I was going with Alice" I said.

"And make me miss out on having a dance with you?" he teased.
"Maybe I can spare one dance, cowboy" I teased back and he let his forehead rest against mine.
"I'll keep you to that, my lady" he whispered.

We went to check out of the hotel and when we came back to the room to get our stuff, Bella was gone.
"Emma, stay here" said Jasper.
"What? No! Bella is like my sister! I'm coming with you" I said and he looked at me. "You won't change my mind. I promise I'll stay out of the danger"

"Fine" he said, he put me on his back and he ran with the others to the ballet studio.
"Jasper" I whispered, I could feel Bella dying... "Bella... she's... she's dying"
He and the others went faster and when we arrived, we heard Bella scream.

Jasper's eyes went dark and I grabbed his hand.
"Jasper, look at me. Focus on me, okay?" I said and he calmed down.
"Stay with Bella" he said and went after James.

I ran to Bella who was bleeding all over the place.
"Bella? Hang on okay" I said. "What's happening to her?" I asked Carlisle.
"She's been bitten" said Carlisle.
Alice decapitated James and they set him on fire.

I felt James die for real... I grabbed my head and tried not to scream.
"My head is burning" said Bella.
I tried to focus, but all I wanted to do was scream.
"Jasper..." I managed to get out I fell backwards and he caught me. "My head is screaming..."

"I'm sorry, darling. Try to focus on me" he whispered and he held me tight.
The screaming in my head passed and I looked at Bella. Edward was trying to suck out the poison in her.
"Edward, stop. Her blood is clean. You're killing her" said Carlisle. "Edward. Stop. Find the will"