Home

*Sat*

I was almost 3 in the morning and Jenna and I were sitting by the terminal, waiting for my mom. Jenna was asleep against me, her head on my shoulder. I was trying to contain my excitement, trying not to jostle her.

As soon as I saw her coming out of the terminal though, I accidentally pushed Jenna off and ran towards my mom. I hadn't seen her in about 3 months. We hugged tightly, the lack of mom-hugs I'd felt now vanishing.

As soon as she pulled away, she glanced behind me at Jenna. She was rubbing her head from where she'd probably hit it on the chair I was sitting on. my mom pursed her lips at Jen's hair color. "Green?" I could tell Jenna felt self-conscious and I instantly felt bad.

I glared at my mom, shaking my head at her to stop. I took her carry on and turned to Jenna, "It's okay, I love your hair. She's like this towards everyone. Just wait." I whispered to her. She nodded uncomfortably, putting her hood up and started following me to baggage claim.

•••

The car ride was silent for the first half. Jenna had fallen asleep in the back seat again, her head on my mom's suitcase.

I broke the silence, trying to stay awake. "She's an amazing person. You shouldn't have said that about her hair, even if you didn't mean it."

"Are you sure she's trustworthy, Tay?" She glanced at Jenna.

"I trust her."

It was almost 5 in the morning when we arrived home. Jenna was still asleep, so I thought it'd be appropriate to sit on her lap and start jumping on her until she woke up. "Jen!" I yelled with each jump.

"Tay!" She groaned, pushing me off. I pouted and pulled her out.

"Go to bed, McDougall." I lightly pushed her towards the front door before grabbing my mom's suitcase since she'd gone inside already. Lazy bum.

Mom was sitting on the couch, half asleep and Jenna had probably gone back to her room. I pulled mom's luggage into the room I'd been sleeping in for the past few days and went to wake her up.

"Mom." I poked her forehead and waited.

Her eyes fluttered opened and she stretched out. I watched her slowly make her way into the room. After she had gone, I made my way to Jenna's room as quietly as possible.

"Tay?" Jenna mumbled sleepily from the bed.

"Fuck, sorry. I didn't mean to wake you." I whispered.

I was about to settle into the small couch in the corner, where we'd both agreed I'd sleep, when she spoke again, "c'mere." she mumbled.
I sighed and stood up, curious about what she wanted. Once I was by her head, she grabbed my arm and weakly pulled me down, making me lay down by her. "Sleep with me."

Too tired to say no, I crawled under the sheets and settled in. She instantly wrapped her warm arms around me. I quickly drifted off, conscious of the fact that I was sleeping with my roommate and that Hayley wouldn't be too happy if she found out.

•••

A/N: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)