Chapter 14

Clarisse checked herself out in the mirror one last time. She looked okay, she guessed. Her phone dinged on the nightstand, Lando has texted her a message.

"I'm here," She looked out towards the window and saw the orange colored McLaren GT parked in front of her family house. Lando was leaning on one side of his car, arms crossed in front of his chest. He was wearing a dark grey colored dress shirt and neatly ironed black trousers. He looked good.

After saying a quick goodbye to mama, she rushed out the gate and greeted him. "Hey," she smiled.

Lando kept an eye on here since she walked out to the house. She was wearing a white blouse with high waisted knee-length brown colored skirt and white high heels. Not too high, looked pretty comfortable actually.

He didn't even have the time to put on a smile first, "You look lovely," he blurted out.

A faint blush crept onto her cheek and she put a piece of her blonde hair behind her ear. "I don't get that often and you might be exaggerating, but thanks," she grinned cheekily.

The two rode in his car towards a fancy restaurant on the seaside of Monaco. Lando reserved a private table near the edge of the terrace. After ordering the food, they waited a bit and walked towards the railing.

They could get a view of the yachts settling on the edge of the docks. The sun had already disappeared behind the horizon, leaving a tint of orange and purple in the sky.

"You're beautiful," Lando said softly.

But the wind was pretty strong, she couldn't hear him clearly, "What did you say?" she asked.

"It's beautiful," Lando smiled and looked away at the sea again.

----

Charles was sitting alone in his hotel suite, fidgeting his phone in his hand and decided to play with fire a little bit by: opening the social media.

Sometimes, it's a good thing because he could get many support from the fans from there for the upcoming race, but sometimes it's a bad thing as well, just like right now.

He saw two familiar faces in his instagram explore page. It was Clarisse and Lando sitting in the familiar looking restaurant. It's the one they always visited on Christmas with his family, back in the days.

The caption said, "Clarisse Lavigne, an acquaintance of Charles Leclerc was seen having a romantic dinner with the McLaren driver, Lando Norris! There is gonna be much tea to spill!"

He groaned and massaged the bridge of his nose. The next worst thing was he's even tagged in the post. The temptation to open the comment section was too much, so he did it.

Oh boy, was that a mistake? Absolutely. He could feel the veins popping in his neck and how hard his jaws were clenched.

"They look so good together!"

"I hope they become official soon!"

"Lando is not single anymore now?"

After self torturing himself for the past 5 minutes on twitter and instagram, he put his phone in his pocket, grabbing his coat and car keys, then stormed right out of the suite.

-----

"I often visit this place as a kid with the family," she said while taking another bite of her steak.

Lando munched his food happily, "You said that as if you're a grandma with seven grandchildren or something. And the food's really good, I like this."

They both chuckled at the joke and Clarisse wandered off to see the dark sea again on their side. When was the last time they spent time in this place? She forgot what year, but it must be before Charles got a seat in F1, for sure.