Chapter 30 - Upgrades People!

Start from the beginning

I set the accessories aside as I fully unraveled the suit component, it was a close fitting one piece suit, a little out of my typical style but I vibed with it. The top half was white, with a purple lightning bolt in the center or the chest, I assumed that was the button that activated the stealth mode. There were steel plate wrist guards on each of the sleeves which had the perfect space to connect to my gloves, definitely a nice upgrade from my old suit. The waist was wrapped in a bulletproof corset-esque piece which cut off at the hips and the bottom of the suit was black with knee guards.

"This is so sweet!" I mumble to myself while running my fingers over the material of the suit, it was cold and sturdy and definitely could take a few hits without tearing. When I turned the suit around I was confused about how I was supposed to put it on, until I saw a small button near the top of the neckline at the back. I held the button for a few seconds at the back of the suit unsealed, that's some crazy tech.

I pulled my shirt off over my head, leaving me in my sports bra before I quickly removed my pants. I wish I knew we were going to have to share a change room, I would've worn athletic shorts underneath, but now I'm stuck hoping nobody turns around before I'm done and sees me in my underwear.

After I stripped down, I opened the suit and stepped into it carefully. The material felt cold against my skin as I pulled it up my legs, the suit fit snuggly over my hips and I could already tell I could move easily in it. My hands peeked out the end of the sleeves as I pulled the top half over my torso, quickly reclosing the back of the suit with the button. The whole thing fit perfectly, and I still had a wide range of movement. It was the perfect fit.

It didn't take long for me to put the rest of my gear on and admire my whole uniform, the rest of the team seemed to finish around the same time as well. "Everyone decent?" I asked, still facing the wall. I was met with a series of responses in agreement and I quickly turned around to check out the rest of my team's gear.

Most of them sported the stealth mode and I stared in awe at how badass everyone looked. Kaldur's classic outfit was now various shades of black and grey and he sported the same black mask as me, Rob and Wally's uniform having similar changes as well. I stared somewhat confused as I saw Superboy's aggravated face, I thought his outfit was cool, he had the same black mask as the rest of us and a black and grey shirt with the classic 'S' along with black cargo pants. But he looked nothing short of pissed.

I turned my focus to Meghan, being promptly surprised to see she was wearing her usual outfit. "Did they not make any alterations to your gear?" I asked curiously and she shook her head with a grin.

"They slightly altered the material of my clothes, they're still organic but they have more defense and durability now!" she exclaimed excitedly before demonstrating her new upgrades, she changed the colour of her outfit to match the colour scheme of the rest of the guys, mask included. Honestly could she get any cooler?

"I see we're all doing the black mask look now," I point out as I gesture to my own mask and Wally chuckles in approval before quirking an eyebrow at me.

"You not trying out your stealth mode yet?" Wally asked suddenly and I gasped as I remembered my uniform was still in its normal state. I tapped the lightning logo on my chest and black and grey immediately rippled out from the center until the dark colour covered my whole outfit. I stretched out my arms and checked myself out to the best of my ability, but from what I could see I looked good.

"The colour black definitely suits you," Meghan compliments me and I smile in response.

"It sure does," Wally adds on as he eyes me up and down shamelessly, eliciting a well deserved eye roll from me. I think we all felt the overall aggravated aura coming from Superboy and Wally turned to question him, "what's with the face, Supey?"

The clone huffs in frustration, "I don't want to wear this stupid costume," he mumbles with a growl. I had a feeling he meant the shirt in reference to Superman, which I assume is a touchy subject for him. We all had the same conclusion to not push further into the issue at this time.

"I believe we should return to the training room, I'm sure they're all waiting for us to continue," Kaldur suggests and we all nod in agreement, being the leader he is we all follow behind him as he heads back to the training room.

"They totally revamped your outfit huh? Never thought I'd see you in a one piece," Wally comments as he walks up beside me on our way back.

"Oh shut up. But yeah, it's so much easier to put this damn thing on now. Plus they added some tech to my utility belt for hacking," I say with enthusiasm and he chuckles at my excitement.

"You're cute when you get all excited," Wally teases suddenly as he pokes my cheek before walking ahead, leaving me slightly blushing red at his lighthearted comment. That dumbass is getting too confident with teasing me.

Our mentors stood in the training room, all looking mildly bored, especially Barry. Their boredom was abruptly ended as they saw us in our new gear, some of them showing more excitement than others.

"Sheesh, look at these young heroes," Barry comments as we enter the room, I immediately scoff at his cringe worthy words. He was definitely giving dad vibes and I wasn't feeling it.

"Yes, you all look great. Last thing to do is work on equipment," Canary instructs with a proud smile. She began coming to each of us, starting with Kaldur to suggest weapons and equipment upgrades. I took the liberty to talk with Wally while we waited.

"You gonna try and add anything to your gear?" I ask him as I place my elbow on his shoulder and lean against him. He ponders for a moment, placing a hand on his chin for extra emphasis.

"I was thinking a snack compartment somewhere in my suit," he says but I can't tell if he's joking or not, knowing his high metabolism and love for food.

"Hey, that's not too bad of an idea," I reply and he smiles cockily at my praise. Before I could further question him I was tapped on the shoulder. I whipped my head around to be met with Canary's almost impatient face. I immediately apologize and turn to face her.

"Anything you were hoping to add to your getup?" she asks me and I hum in thought.

"I was hoping to add some kind of weapon, preferably as fast one," I reply and she immediately smirks at my words.

"I got just the thing," she says before walking to the other side of the room, quickly returning with two sticks in her hands. "Ever used Escrima sticks?" she asks as she hands me two lightweight metal sticks, I immediately fall in love with them. I swing them around a few times, getting a feel for the weapons as the metal warms with my hands.

"I love them!" I exclaim and she smiles at my words.

"Great, I'm sure you'll get used to using them fast. If you need help, ask Robin, I believe he's trained with these before," she says as she pats my shoulder and I almost squeal of out excitement from the contact. She's totally my superhero crush and this just solidifies it. She's quick to turn to the next person and things continue on from there.

I spent the rest of the waiting time experimenting with my new weapons, it was surprisingly easy coming up with different ways to use them and I quickly became familiar with them. After everyone had gotten their upgrades it was already evening. Time had gone by so quickly and I didn't even notice until Batman reminded us everyone would be staying overnight at the Mountain for strategizing.

We all bid goodbye to our mentors and soon it was just us in the training room, with the fading sounds of the Zeta Tube as the last of the League members leave.

"Feel free to remain in the training room, there are several available rooms in the living quarters for you to stay at night. I advise you not to stay up too late," Red Tornado instructed us as he prepared to go to his room for the night. The six of us nodded in agreement and the android left to his room.

We were left alone in the Mountain, with a night of strategizing and planning ahead of us...

a/n - omg I tried to power through this whole thing and it's so late now LOL but it's worth it. I'm gonna start trying to make each chapter longer now, I wanna focus more on quality so I might update less frequently. hope y'all understand <3