❤︎Late Drive❤︎

Your two car doors slam at the same time, making the noise twice as loud. You and Niki look at each other (which could technically be a staring contest due to how long the 2-way look lasted) and started laughing histarically. You remember that it's 2am and your neighbors are trying to laugh, so you put your pointer finger in front of your lips, making the quiet signal. Niki soon catches on and stops laughing, but the tears of laughter remain in her eyes.

You put the car in reverse, and Niki connects her phone to the aux, chooses a playlist called, "Raindrops fall and hearts stop."

"Where do we plan on going?" You ask. "Hm, wanna drive around for a while?" You hum in agreement, and drive randomly.

30 minutes pass and you've been driving through several streets, a few neighborhoods, and through downtown. You know Niki better than anyone, and she knows you better than anyone in the world, universe, and more. 10 more minutes fly by and you're now pulled into a supermarket's abandoned parking lot.(besides the employees) Niki runs off to look at candles on an end cap, and you grab a cart, and venture on. She comes back with a cereal looking candle, you laugh, and she smiles. "Close your eyes." The blonde says. "Why-?" Trust me." With this, you close your eyes and turn around. Not even 10 seconds later, you hear a crash.

"Niki?" You say cautiously before turning around. Your eyes dart to your girlfriend, who was on the floor laughing to death, to the cart that laid on it's side. Once you recover from the surprise of her falling off the cart. "Are you..okay?" You say, trying to not laugh if in fact, she is hurt. "I'm okay, I'm fine don't worry." She says between her laughs. You finally let out the laugh you were holding back, and shake your head.

You then lifted the cart back to its standing position, and then lift Niki off the ground, and into the cart. You catch a glimpse of her face, which is bright red, then continue through the store. You go to the chip isle, and grab a variety of chips. "Can we take a picture?" Niki asks. This takes you a while to agree on, but when the time comes, you pull up the hood of your very iconic frog hoodie, and put your hands on the handle of the cart. She puts up her hood, as she was wearing the same hoodie, and pressed on the capture button. You smile to yourself as you see her add the picture to her printable album. You end up getting a huge pack of pocky and two monsters. Once you pay, you went back to the car and headed on to the skatepark. Once you arrived, there were a few people there, but it wasn't crowded at all. Niki grabs the blanket and you grab the snacks and skateboards.

Niki lays down the blanket on the pavement since the other people had left, and opened her monster can. You got your phone, and played the playlist. The first song that came on made her eyes brighten.

𝙸 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚠𝚎 𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚍𝚘 𝚒𝚝 𝚒𝚏 𝚠𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚍.

Niki's head bops side to side while looking at the park.

𝙸𝚏 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚊𝚢 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎.

She puts down her drink and leans back, putting her hands behind her on the blanket for support.

𝚂𝚘𝚏𝚒𝚊 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸,

You put your hand on top of hers, and your two hands join together.

𝚂𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍𝚗'𝚝 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚊 𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚖𝚎.

You get up and grab Niki's skateboard, and brought her to her feet, and you put the playlist to a pause. You put her feet in the proper position, then look her in the eyes, she holds a scared look on her face. You were at the edge of the pit. Niki was afraid to go into the pit because of others, and the steepness. "Niki, nobody's here accept us, you'll do great, you know how to skate, you'll be perfectly fine." Right when you finish, she objects. "It's too steep." Her hair was blown in front of her face because of the breeze. "Darling, trust me, I know it looks steep, but it's easier than you think." She looks at you with a bewildered face. You try to form the words that you would use to ask why should was looking at you like that, but she starts first.

"Why would you say that?"

Your stomach drops.

"Say..what?"

"Why would you say,'Trust me?'"

"Well- why would I not? I need to assure you that you can trust me."

The wind started to pick up, and the streetlights started to flicker.

"You don't need to assure me."

Niki held a straight face as she said this so it was hard to tell what way she meant this to come out.

"Why would I not need to assure you? You need to know that you can trust me."

"Because I'll never need to."

"To..what?"

"To be told that I can trust you, because I trust you with my whole life."

You stare at the blonde girl. It takes a while for her comment to process through your head. You hug her, and tears begin to rapidly fall. Once you release the girl from the hug, you grab your skateboard, and line it up next to Niki's. You grab her hands. "Hang on, okay?" She looks at you and nods. "Any advice?" The only thing you can think of is,

"Take your time to bloom, but live in the moment."

She smiles at you and nods again, and takes a deep breath. "3..2..1." You two go down the steep curve, bending your knees, and you let go of her and let her circle around, in which she does flawlessly. She comes to the top, and smiles at you. You hug her again, but two things are different. You aren't crying, and there are words between the hug.

"Honeycomb, I love you."

"I love you too, my bee."

—————————————————❣︎

A/N: Jesus Christ you guys. 217 reads? I'm about to c r y, this was at 88 reads the last time I posted a chapterrrr. Thank you so much for the votes and kind words, you guys are literally the best. This, again, feels so hecking surreal. I love you all greatly, please stay hydrated.♡︎

1,081 words——-⌫