CHAPTER EIGHT.

TO KILL  A CHEERLEADER: NEW BLOOD.

CHAPTER EIGHT

        Zac's punch had caused me to plummet backwards, and fall back into the apartment. I quickly jumped up and faced him. He stood by the doorway. 

        I laughed at him. 

        'You can't come in,' I sang. 

        He glared at me angrily. But then he smiled.

        'Doesn't mean I still can't use my Powers,' he said. 

        Zac suddenly stared at me straight in the eye. I suddenly felt something running through me, and got the feeling that my thoughts weren't safe in my head anymore. 

        Oh my gosh! He's reading my mind!

        'Stop it!' I shouted.

        But, of course, he didn't. And I couldn't do anything about it. 

        I suddenly felt paralyzed. Not only was Zac reading my mind, but he was also using Mind Control. 

        'Oh my,' Zac said suddenly with a smile. 'You're suffering from something. Is that Guilt I see?' 

        I suddenly felt guilt spread through me. Zac was playing with my emotions. Literally. He was bringing my guilt up to the surface. My heart felt heavy. My stomach churned. 

       Zac was right. I was suffering from extreme guilt. Guilt for all my victims, all the people I murdered. The people whose blood were on my hands. The guilt that caused me to have depression and regret. 

        Why did this have to happen to me? Why couldn't I have been like a normal human being? 

        Right about now, I should have been in my thirties, with two adorable kids and a great husband. I should have had a decent job and a nice, middle-class house. But instead of all that, I was an immortal sixteen-year old who had crazy Vampires after her. 

        I was hiding my guilt and self-pity deep down inside me, and I was even trying to prevent it. I usually stopped my guilt by asking Grim to omit my victims' names, and I never usually talked about my desires of a normal life. But the truth was, these emotions were slowly destroying me. 

        At one point a few years back, I had even considered suicide, but had quickly stopped myself. 

        A single teardrop came from my eye and streamed down my cheek. 

        'You know,' Zac said. 'Maybe you should kill yourself, it would save me a lot of time.'

        But Zac suddenly moved his gaze from me. I suddenly felt him leave my mind, and I was myself again. 

        'Sadly,' Zac continued. 'I can't do anything to you, Richard wants you all to himself. How stingy of him.' 

        But then he bent over and picked Jada's unconscious body off the ground. When Zac had punched me, I had lost my grip on her. Unfortunately, she didn't fall into the apartment with me. 

        'Richard also wants this girl too, for some reason or the other. I can't see why,' Zac said.

        'Put her down!' I stated angrily. 

        Zac smiled. 'That seriously won't work.'

        In a moment he was gone, with Jada.