I could see she was getting emotional at this point so I drew her into my arms as I felt a heavy sob wrack through her body. I allowed her to cry for a few more moments because I feel like she doesn't do this too often. In the past two days I'd seen her cry twice and each time it broke a little piece of my heart. She wants to be strong for everyone else but who is being strong for her?

Once the tears seem to have dried and the sobs were only slight hiccups, I drew her back slightly to look in her eyes. "Quinn, my love," her eyes widened slightly at my pet name for her but I continued. "You spend so much time worrying about everyone else and I find that so admirable but I want you to know you don't have to hold the weight of the whole world on your shoulders. Let me take some of the load. Please," I begged.

"I know you don't feel like you can trust anyone else and you have to do everything on your own but please put some trust in me. Let me take care of you. Let me help you. I want to be your rock that you can depend on. I might not be as fast or as strong as you," I admitted, wounding my ego in the process. "But I am just as determined to keep you safe as you are to keep your loved ones safe. Please Quinn, let me in."

Her eyes were glassy as she held eye contact. I couldn't read what she was thinking but she nodded almost imperceptibly, "Okay."

I let out a huge sigh and pulled her body closer to me, squeezing the little bit of air out of her lungs and causing her to groan.

"Sorry," I chuckled. "I couldn't help myself. You just make me so happy, Quinn."

This made her smile. "You make me happy too," she admitted.

My wolf howled in excitement. She really was starting to open up to us. I was on top of the world right now. I pulled her hand in mine and we walked up the steps towards the front doors. I opened the door for her and reluctantly let her hand go as she entered before me.

Most of the pack was up by now and I could tell it was probably later than Quinn usually returned from her workouts. I saw a few pack members look between Quinn and I skeptically but my glares had them scurrying away.

"Quinn!" I heard a loud voice yell from the door to the dining room. "There you are! It's almost seven thirty. We have to leave soon. What were you doing staying out that long?"

"I'm sorry Suze," Quinn said. "We ran into a problem on our run and it took longer than expected. I'll go get ready now."

Suze threw a suggestive look in my direction but I shook my head at her. No Suze, it isn't what you're thinking, I thought to myself.

'You wish,' my wolf said. I chose to ignore him.

Quinn was now upstairs with her door shut getting ready. I decided to join the rest of the pack for breakfast while I waited for my mate to return. It wasn't even ten minutes later, she was bounding down the stairs. Her hair was wet and she was wearing a tight tank top and very short shorts. I felt a growl start at the base of my chest but I attempted to hold it in. What was she doing leaving the house like that? Why did she always have to wear so little clothes?

I thought she'd join me for breakfast as I'd saved the seat next to me for her but she only ran through the room and grabbed a couple slices of bacon and a muffin before leaving again. I jumped out of my seat, drawing attention from those around me.

"Excuse me," I said gracefully, before leaving the room, trying to be as inconspicuous as possible. I caught Quinn and Suze just as she was about to head out the door.

"Quinn," I said, trying my best to not sound irritated with her. I don't think I was entirely successful though as she turned around looking a bit miffed.

"Yes, Liam?" she asked a bit impatiently.

"I don't want to overstep but I just wanted to ask if you'd be willing to put on just a little more clothes? It's going to be hard enough to be away from you all day but now knowing other wolves, unmated ones at that, will be looking at you like that...it is driving me absolutely insane."

She looked at me thoughtfully before answering, "It's pretty warm out, you know? I like to dress for the weather. But if it makes you feel better, I'll throw on my flannel."

I sighed, thankful I hadn't started a fight with her. "Yes, thank you. I really appreciate it. I'll have a much easier day dealing with my wolf if you did that for me."

She chuckled as she pulled on the light flannel shirt, immediately rolling the sleeves up to her elbows. She left it open, which didn't bother me as much as I thought it would and then stood there about to leave.

"Anything else?" she asked.

"Just one more thing," I said, approaching her slowly.

I bent down to her level and leaned in as if I was going to whisper something in her ear. She waited patiently to hear what I had to say but instead I kissed her on the cheek, lingering for a moment to relish in the feeling of her skin beneath my lips.

"Have a good day," I whispered. "I'll miss you desperately but I'll be waiting for you when you arrive home."

I pulled away and saw her face tinged in pink. No one had seen our little exchange besides Suze, who was trying desperately to look like she was focused on anything besides us. Before I let my desires take over fully, I went to turn away. I felt Quinn grab my hand before I left though, the sparks traveling up my arm in a pleasurable way.

I turned back to see what she wanted but was met with her lips on mine. The kiss was so fast, I almost didn't have time to enjoy it and as soon as her lips left mine, she was out the door.

This day was going to be much harder than I had originally anticipated. My wolf growled in agreement. I sighed heavily and headed towards my temporary office. Maybe I'll be able to accomplish something productive today. I doubt it though.