⁰³³ the three broomsticks

Start from the beginning

"you can't be serious?"

"that happens to be my sister!" he grunted, and there was the scrape of chair legs as he made his way towards their booth— maeve face-palming as he did so. "oi!" he called out, stomping towards them.

"what?" ginny frowned, after she and the boy broke apart.

"i don't want to find my own sister snogging people in public!"

"this was a deserted, private booth in the corner until you came butting in!"

the boy looked embarrassed, and shifted on his footing. "er... come on, ginny. let's go back to the common room."

"you go!" ginny snapped angrily. "i want a word with my dear brother!"

the boy then left, trudging through the pub with his hands in his pockets— still a bright shade of scarlet.

        "right." the red-headed girl crossed her arms defiantly, glaring at ron. "let's get this straight once and for all. it is none of your business who i go out with, or what i do with them, ron—"

"yeah it is!" he interrupted, just as angrily. "d'you think that i want people saying my sister's a—"

"—a what?" shouted ginny, looking scandalised. "a what, exactly?"

"he doesn't mean anything, ginny—" harry butt in wearily, stepping between them.

"oh, yes he does! just because he's never snogged anyone in his whole life, just because the best kiss he's ever had is from our aunt muriel—"

"shut your mouth!" ron bellowed, turning a dark shade of red.

"no, i will not!" she yelled back. "i've seen you with fleur, hoping she'll kiss you on the cheek every time you see her, it's pathetic! if you went out and got a bit of snogging done yourself, you wouldn't mind so much that everybody else does it!"

"you don't know what you're talking about! just because i don't do it in public!"

ginny screamed with mock laughter. "been kissing pigwidgeon, have you? or have you got a picture of aunt muriel stashed under your pillow?"

"you—" ron whipped out his wand.

"harry's snogged cho chang! hermione's snogged viktor krum, maeve's snogged clover depraysie! and maeve and hermione have snogged each other, too!"

maeve and hermione were also red in the face after this, and spared each other a quick glance after realising that no doubt the whole of the three broomsticks was listening to this brother versus sister shouting match— it was impossible not to.

"it's only you that acts like it's something disgusting, ron! and that's because you've got about as much experience as a twelve year-old!" ginny grabbed her bag and slammed a galleon on the table to pay for her butterbeer, before storming off and disappearing through the door into the snow storm outside.

"alright, guys—" maeve awkwardly addressed the on-lookers. "drama's over now.. you can.. continue with whatever you were doing.."

"harry, my boy!" professor slughorn approached the table— he must have realised they were there from the commotion. he shook his free hand with the brunette boy's— his other hand grasping a pint.