CHAPTER 9

"Yo guys!" Roger cheered, feeling the trill in his adrenaline. Today is going to be the day he double these thousands he got from Ibrahim. Roger enrolled at a card gambling game last week. Ibrahim told him it was too fun to miss, and if he really needs the money urgently, this is going to be the only way out.

The room was dark, with blue light illuminating the interior. It was a big room with lots of people and a loud Nigerian music blasting, making it more lively. It is a place were you meet lots of people; especially the dangerous and greedy ones. Although everyone here has the purpose of being present here but this place is surely an exciting and thrilling place where you get your hands on lots of money if you are lucky. People were sprawled on the table, smoking weed and other things. Most of them looked older, burlier, and dangerous. His table was made for six people. Dread lock's adorned their hairs, two had their hair dyed _ red and golden, and the man sitting opposite him had a punk hairstyle. They have scary looking tattoos running the length of their arms. They were people who wouldn't think twice before killing you. Exactly the kind of people you wouldn't want to lock gazes with or even try to mess with. They were staring at Roger as if wondering what a small boy like him was doing at a place like this. They were looking down on him. He surely looks more younger than them. They look like his father's age mates. But that didn't bother him. Who cares about age? Money is all that matters. There was a lot of gambling going around the circuit. It turned out Roger brought tons of bills with him. He frowned at the sight of bundles of thousands on the table. If he is lucky, he will become the owner of these thousands at the end of the day, but if luck decided not to be on his favour, another person will take everything. And he doesn't plan on seeing that happen because that will be the end of him. He became a little worried when he saw Damilola smiling crookedly as if he's going to win anytime from now. The man scares him. He's a giant and has a scary look. His gaze can make any normal human tremble with fear, but he's not going to show him how scared he is of him. Money is all that matters. He needed the money and this is the only way to make fast money. He's going insane because he has no drugs left. His mind is not stable. His needs drugs urgently.

"Who brought you here, boy? It looks like you are pretty bad at this, "Damilola smiled wickedly.

Cold chills ran down Rogers spine. "We will know how bad I am at the end of this game", he smiled back, trying to show him that he does not intimidate him.

"Your turn boy! Play your last cards," Damilola hollered, his deep voice vibrating through the noise, amazed by the gut of the small boy he laughed explosively.

"Don't be too happy, big man. The one who laughs first laughs last" , he smirked, terrified by the sound of his laughter, but tried to hide it with a grin, sparing him a glance with a raised eyebrow.

Roger played his last two cards, feeling the excitement and triumph of success pump into his veins. He smiled with satisfaction knowing he's about to hit the Jackpot. But when Damilola played his last two cards, all the light drained from his eyes. "This is ridiculous. It's absolutely a joke!" Roger shouted in frustration, hitting the table vigorously which made his knuckles hurt like hell. "Shit! How did you win? You didn't cheat, did you?"

"Nay boy. I don't believe in cheating. This game is meant for big men. It isn't for small children like you," Damilola burst out laughing like a lunatic. The guy took all the money and left.

Crazy is an understatement if you describe Roger right now. He's a mess. The big man surely has a big mouth. He's going to have to show him his place the next time they play together. He felt like going after Damilola. He felt like trapping him in a dark alley and beat the hell out of him, and forcefully takes all the money away from him. If possibl, a little threat will work, but he knows better. If he tries that, he'd be a dead body at the end of the day. If he's lucky to survive, he'd be found disfigured. He's so small compared to the burly man. His head is running wild with crazed thoughts like_ how is he going to pay off Ibrahim's debts? How is he going to get drugs? How is he going to pay off his remaining gambling debts?"