Chapter 35

Raeni stood at the edge of the cliff looking down at the battlefield. In less than thirty minutes the army would arrive and Raeni would be lying if she said it didn't scare her.

The twins are safe with Seth and Rose but there's always those 'what if's. What if her or Emmett didn't make it out of this battle alive. She didn't know what she or the twins would do without Emmett and she knew Emmett was thinking the same about her.

"We'll be fine," Emmet said coming up behind her and wrapping his arms around her lower stomach. "I'll always have your back and I know you'll always have mine... I won't let anything happen to you or the twins."

"I know." She said turning around so she could face Emmett. "But I'm a mother and I'm going to worry regardless."

"They're close," Edward said ruining their moment. "I can hear their thoughts from here."

Raeni turned back to the field where the rest of their family and the wolves were and soon the fighting began.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

The two shared a sweet kiss before jumping off the cliff to join everyone else in the fight.

Raeni and Emmett had been separated fifteen minutes into the fight but she was still holding her own creating Venus fly traps all over the field so they could chew the opposing army into dust and creating vines to hold down vampires so the wolves would be able to easily kill them.

She hated to say it but she has having the time of her life.... not because she was killing people and sending them to their doom but because she could use her powers as freely as she liked.

Raeni failed to notice the vampire who had managed to sneak up behind her until it was too late. The young vampire had her in a tight chokehold and she could already feel her neck beginning to crack.

The only reason she wasn't dead was because she had made a serum with some of her special plants that made vampire and wolf skin harder to break.

She was beginning to see stars and she had already excepted that this would be her end but before she could pass out the vampire was suddenly ripped from her body and ripped into two.

Raeni fell to her knee's her hands immediately going up to her neck that was already beginning to heal, she was only half vampire so she still had to breathe and that vampire had made the task harder than it needed to be.

"Rae... Raeni. Are you okay?" Emmett said pulling her off her knees and into his arms. The faraway look in her eyes was scaring him a little. "Baby I need you to talk to me."

"Em?"

"Get her to the cliff she needs a few minutes." Emmett heard Carlisle yell. "The lack of oxygen to the brain is getting to her she needs a few minutes to heal."

Emmett was happy that Raeni was half vampire because Brain Hypoxia was nothing to play around with.

If you don't know Brain Hypoxia (Lack of oxygen to the brain) could cause some problems like temporary memory misfortune, reduced capacity to move your body, difficulty focusing, difficulty settling on quality choices, and headaches. Those aren't so bad but they can also cause seizures, coma's, and brain demise.

Carlisle knew none of that would happen to Raeni she healed really fast because she was half vampire so she needed maybe ten minutes max to get herself back together.

"You'll be okay baby," Emmett said caressing her hair when they got back up to the cliff. "You did good down there you helped us all a lot."

"Em?"

"Yes, baby."

"Em?"

It hurt Emmett to see Raeni like this not having a clue what was going on around her she was just so out of it. All she knew was that she wanted her baby.

The couple stayed on the cliff until the battle was over because Raeni ended up falling asleep and Emmett didn't want to leave her on her own but luckily while they were away from the fight Edward got to kill Victoria.

"How long?" Edward said Alice gaining Emmett's attention.

"A few minutes maybe ten," Alice answered. "And they know Raeni is here."

"The pack needs to leave, the Volturi won't honor our truce with the werewolves," Carlisle said before turning towards the cliff. "Wake up Raeni and bring her down here."

~~~Time Skip~~~

(This is the moment when the Volturi arrive. I also didn't want any of the wolves to get hurt so they didn't. I also didn't want to bring Bree into this because who wants to read about a young girl getting tortured and murdered for something that wasn't even their fault? Not I)

As a few members of the guard arrived on the scene Raeni stood there with her arms crossed and a look of irritation on her face.

Was she back to normal? Yes, and being normal meant she was back to hating when people disturbed her naps like Emmett had done ten minutes prior.

"Impressive, I've never seen a coven of this magnitude intact," Jane said looking over the group until her eyes landed on Raeni.

"We were lucky," Carlisle said with a small smile not wanting to upset or irritate Jane.

"I doubt that."

"It appears we've missed an entertaining fight," Alec added from his twin's side.

Seeing the twins so close together made Raeni want to go home and see her own set of twins, she hoped that even a hundred years from now the two would stick together like the twins in front of her.

She'd also prefer her kids less violent than the twins in front of her

"Yes, it's not often we're rendered unnecessary." She said continuing to inspect Raeni.

" If you'd arrived a half hour ago you would've fulfilled your purpose," Edward said.

"Pity."

"Is there something you'd like to say to me?" Raeni asked the girl standing across from her. "Because you look like you have something to say to me."

"Raeni do-"

"So you are Raeni daughter of Caius," Jane said cutting Emmett off. "Your father will be pleased to know he wasn't led astray."

"Led astray... girl what are you talking about."

"Caius received an anonymous letter telling him that you'd be here," Edward answered before Jane got the chance to. "That's one of the reasons they came."

"Now that we've confirmed the girl's location we should be heading home," Felix said completely ignoring the Cullen Clan.

"I suppose you're right Caius will want an update," Jane said before turning her back to the family. "You should be expecting another visit soon. Caius has been waiting to meet you for a while now."

With that Jane ran back into the forest Felix and Alec following close behind.

"Come on you guys," Carlisle said turning towards his family. "Let's go home."

Okay, you guys I'm not going to lie to you I was thinking about killing somebody off because like why not and that person was going to be Raeni, but then I was like 'fuck no that's stupid.' I actually really want Raeni to have a father and stuff like that but that can't happen if she's dead soooo yeah.

Anyway hope you guys and gals enjoyed. Have a good rest of your day/ night!