"Do you have to get home?" he asks, he rubs his neck like before. If I didn't know any better I would say he's nervous. I nod and like it a little too much when he looks disappointed.

"There's still a lot to unpack," I explain quickly, for some reason I don't want him to think I am avoiding him or something. He perks up a strange sparkle in his eyes.

"Do you need any help?" he asks me. My eyes go wide and my mouth hangs open.

"You want to help me?" I ask incredulously. He tilts his head to the side like dogs do when something baffles them.

"Yeah, why wouldn't we?" he asks, obviously not understanding why I was looking at him in disbelief.

"Well, it's just ... I mean ..." I stammer. I'm starting to feel flustered and I can't understand why he wants to help me. I'm the deaf new kid and he's the hottest guy in school.

Plus this is only my first day. No new kid ever in the history of high school gets to hang with the cool guys in their first week.

He pinches the bridge of his nose and takes a step back. I can tell he is getting annoyed with me. When that happens I usually get hit.

My small step back doesn't go unnoticed and I swear I saw a flash of hurt cross his face, but I must have imagined it.

"Why are you afraid of me?" he asks, I can almost imagine the sound of the pain in his voice.

"I'm not," I say quietly. My heart stutters as he glares at me. Clay punches him on the shoulder breaking the glare. I turn to look at Clay, thankful that I can avoid seeing the pain in Asher's eyes.

"Ash! He literally saw you fighting on his first day. Plus he moved here because he'd been bullied in his other school. Also if you glare all the time why wouldn't he be afraid of you?" he says laughing. I smile at him as he teases his friend.

The pair is contradictory. Asher is the dark and brooding type and Clay is bubbly and light. I bet if it were anyone else teasing him, then they will be in a world of hurt for even thinking about it.

I chuckle a little until I remember what Clay said.

"Wait a minute, how did you know I was bullied?" I ask him, he smirks at me and taps his nose. I look at Asher's eyebrows furrowed, he chuckles and shakes his head.

"Don't bother asking, even I don't know how he knows things," he tells me. I chuckle too, feeling more at ease. Asher's face then turns serious and I instantly miss his smile.

"Nai, I don't know what happened to you before, but I promise I really do just want to help," he says with eyes pleading with me to believe him. I nod not trusting my voice.

"Good, do you have a phone?" he asks, I raise one eyebrow and nod slowly. He holds his hand out asking for it, I tentatively give it to him and watch him type in his number.

"Send me your address, I just need to go home first then I'll be over," he tells me.

Again, I nod before quickly sending him my address. He gives me the sexiest damn smile I have ever seen when he looks at his phone. My dick stirs in my pants.

I watch him take a deep breath and impossibly his eyes got darker. He steps closer to me, into my personal space.

"I'll see you soon," he says, his face an inch away from mine.

I nod and quickly move away from him. My truck has never seemed so far away before. I check my reflection in the rearview mirror, my cheeks are bright red. I've never wanted to turn back and look at someone so much in my life, but I don't instead I turn on my truck and drive off.