"Who was it? Tell me who and I will beat them up for hurting you, " he demands as he grips my shoulders. To say I am shocked at how angry he is would be the understatement of the century.

'Why does he care? Why is he angry at someone he doesn't even know?'

He looks just like those bullies from back then. I remember his fight earlier and an image of me on the ground bloodied and bruised as he stands over me angry pops into my head.

It's almost like he senses my fear because he instantly softens and wraps his arms around me, enveloping me back into that warmth and strength. He tightens his grip as my arms lay idle by my side.

"I'm ok, you don't need to beat anyone up," I say to him.

He eventually moves back, not quite releasing me fully, which to be completely honest I am really happy about.

When I finally look up at him I'm a little disappointed to see that he isn't looking at me, he's looking behind me. I turn to see Clay stood watching us with a smirk.

"Damn! I only went to the bathroom and you're making out already," I see him say. I instantly step out of Asher's arms, ignoring the urge to step back, and blush.

"No! We weren't, he was just ..." I trail off, I can't finish the sentence. I stare at Asher as he glares at Clay before rubbing the back of his neck. When I turn back to Clay he is smirking at Asher even more.

"Well sorry Alpha, but I need to get him to his next class, we are already late." I check my watch and gasp.

I blurt out a small goodbye before rushing to my next class. I'm looking at the map when I feel it pulled from my grasp. I'm about to shout and snatch it back until I realise it was Clay.

"This way," he says and I follow him. We stop outside the door and he turns to me, his eyebrows wiggle at me mischievously.

"Do you mind if I use you as an excuse?" he asks me. I'm confused, unsure of what he means but I nod anyway.

He smiles at me, opens the door and I follow. After shutting the door I turn in time to see our teacher asking Clay why we are so late.

Clay turns his body slightly so I can see what he is saying.

"Sorry sir, Nai was lost. I saw him walking around, so I followed him and brought him here once I realised we had the same class. You know it's only his second day."

'That's what he meant I thought, shaking my head slightly. He lies so easily, I'm not sure I like it but then again if he told the truth that would have been mortifying.

'Sorry sir, we're late because Nai here was wrapped up in the arms of my best friend making out.' Ok so the last part wasn't the truth but Clay had joked about us doing that.

The teacher nods and tells us to sit down. I go to the back and Clay sits next to me. I wish he didn't, it makes people stare at us even more.

--

At the end of the day, I'm unwillingly walking with Clay to my truck. I can see Asher leaning against it. As I get closer I realise that he isn't leaning against my truck. I can see mine further back.

"Is this your truck?" I ask Clay as we walk up. Clay shakes his head and points at Asher.

"It's his," he says with a smirk. I can feel my cheeks heating up.

"Oh ok! I have to go now," I say quickly trying to go around them. Asher steps in my way so quickly I almost crash into his chest. I see him chuckle as my cheeks burn hotter.