"Thoda kyu? Main to pura khush hu."

(I'm not only happy but extremely happy)

David kept watching me for an extended minute then sliced with a sadness in his eyes. "I know you're strong." His hand patted my shoulder before taking his leave.

My heart was cleanching with pain one because of not getting my love and other because of Shifa. From the time I had seen that cctv footage in which she was crying standing David's cabin, my heart was not at peace. She doesn't love me and she also knows that I could not love her still she was crying out... I don't know why? Maybe she was hurt as I was talking about Adeena... Or maybe there was some other reason, bit to know that I had to talk to her, unfortunately she was intentionally ignoring my calls and messages. I one more time tried my lunch do contact her and thankfully this time the call was received after a few rings but Shifa didn't a single word.

"Kya ho gya Shifa, aap baat kyu nhi kar rhi ho mujhse?"

(What's wrong Shifa, why aren't you talking to me?)

''Naraaz ho, pareshan ho ya gussa ho, Kuch to batao," I asked but didn't get any respond from her other side.

(Are you offended me or upset? At least tell me)

"Shifa... app sun bhi rahi ho?"

(Shifa, are you even listening?)

"Nope... Shifa is not listening, she's busy grooming herself and decorating her hands with mehndi. Ab aap kal hi apni dulhan se sari baatein kar lijiyega," it was Afifa, unlike Shifa she is a babbling Queen.

(Now you will talk to your sweetheart tomorrow.)

"Ji Zarur mohtarma, jesa aapka hukm." I smiled and going to hang up the call when her voice stopped me to do so.

(Okay miss, as you wish.)

"Jiju wait..."

"Ji saali saheba?"

(Yeah respected sister-in-iaw)

"Meri friend ko kabhi rulaiyega nhi, bohot rooyi hai wo Allah ke saamne, aur Allah ne aapko bheej diya, ab use khush karne ki zimmedaari aapki hai,"

(Never make my friend cry, she has cried a lot in front of Almighty and he send you, now it's your responsibility to make her happy )

"Samajh gya." I muttered and again removed the mobile to hang up the call but again she resumed.

(Got it)

"She loves you very much"

"Ji?" I exclaimed! I couldn't believe it, what did she said just a moment ago? Shifa loves me? No it must be a misunderstanding.

(What?)

"Yeah, Jiju. Shifa admires you. She respects you and trusts you blindly... What else love is, other than a feeling of respect, trust and admiration?" I was silent after listening to that explanation then disconnected the call. Afifa's theory was absolutely correct. Love is nothing but a feeling of respect, trust and admiration. In fact, I do trust Shifa, I respect and admire her, so does it means I also love her?

My heart skipped a beat with this thought. No... I don't love her, I have all these feelings for her but no matter what, I couldn't love her.

<><><>

Next Day

Qasr-e-Kazmi (kazmi residence) was glowing with fairy lights, new furniture and interior were yelling loudly that they were also enthused about welcoming new member of this family. The wide smile present on my parents' face was indicating clearly that their happiness had no boundaries but no one knew about my struggle. I was holding a battle in myself. While wearing the wedding outfit I was only thinking one thing... How did Adeena was feeling while getting married? Did she also felt this pang in her heart that I'm feeling? Did she also lift her wedding outfit like the last suit of hers?