Chapter 31 :: Soft touches

Start from the beginning

"Umm….no I am fine." Jungkook spoke, scratching the back of his neck. "Stay over." She said this time and I saw how Jungkook agreed to her almost immediately. Well! Why do I suddenly feel offended because of this Junglebook!? I glared at him before moving upstairs while she stayed back downstairs to show him the guest room.

A couple of minutes rolled down and I was tossing and turning on the bed, changing positions to sleep but sleep was far away from my eyes. Her thoughts weren't ready to exit my mind and neither was she coming inside the bedroom. Not that I was wanting her here. Nope.

I sighed, my eyes flickering to a longing gaze on her side of the bed. My mind was this accumulated with her that I didn't even realise when she entered inside and laid beside me, on her side. I watched her laying down and then turning her back towards me.

What? Won't she talk to me? Won't she try and explain why she rushed out keeping me hanging? Is she really gonna ignore everything that happened a few hours ago? Really?

"Where did you go?" I asked her again. She might be planning on to keep quiet and play dumb but I wasn't planning the same. I wanted to know where she went. "Work." Her reply came the same and in a similar way. Short and curt. Not the way I wanted it to come. I gripped the duvet beside me, holding my frustrations in it.

Is she really ignoring me now? How could she?

"What work?" I could feel the muscle of my jaw twitch as I glared at her back. Turn towards me. Look at me! "Something important came up." Her voice was plain and calm. Too calm. "Something important? More than me?" I don't know why I asked that but I want answers.

Don't ask me why because even I don't know. I don't know why I am feeling a rush of emotions through me for a few days with just a small mention of her name. Her one look towards me was enough to quench out my heightened up reactions even to her smallest action.

Her sudden cold shoulder towards me was now making me regret trying to take a step towards our relationship. Wait a minute. Relationship? What exactly is my relationship with her? Is attraction the only name that I could and should give to the feeling that I am growing for her?

She is my wife though. But wasn't I the one who didn't want this relationship? I hated her. I used to hate her. Used to? Don't I hate her now? The answer to this question was crystal clear. Of course I don't. The time I got married to her was different. Things have changed now.

But what exactly changed between us? What is it that made my heart change? Towards her? What are my true feelings?

Her silence was killing me in many ways. I was getting restless. Am I not important to get? Or maybe I am important but less than her work. "Y/n?" I wasn't done talking but her lack of replies was making it difficult for me to initiate a conversation. 

Unable to hold the urge in me anymore, I pulled her arm and turned her face towards me. I was a patient man until I met her. She makes me feel restless. She makes me feel impatient. She makes me feel things I have never felt before. Her relaxed features came into my vision and I almost forgot all the queries that were bubbling up in my heart and mind.

She laid under me, her eyes closed and face calm. She was fast asleep. Though she wasn't wearing any make-up at this moment, I was still lost in admiring her small freckles on her button nose while her long lashes rested on her eyelids. My reflexes worked better than me and my hand rested on her cheek, caressing her soft wheatish skin.

She looked beautiful even while sleeping. Why? My heart is hurting because of the tornadoes of feelings that are rushing through it. "What are you doing to me Y/n-ah?" I whispered under my breath. My eyes travelled down to her light pink and plump lips, and touched her lower petal with my thumb. Shit! 

My fingers tucked under her chin before I gently pulled her face up and seconds later placed my lips over her. I just touched them with mine. Simple touch. This feels so good. Very different from all the wrong choices I made as a teenager. It wasn't like I haven't been close to a girl before. I was. But it was never like this. That never felt so right. But this does. This feels right to me. She feels right to me.

I wish you would kiss me back right now. I pouted into the peck, kissing her lips whole before raising my head a little, our lips inches apart. "At least you are my wife." I let out a small chuckle. It wasn't sarcastic. It was just a feeling that gave me slight happiness knowing that she was my wife and I would have my moments with her gradually. But the question was, why do I even want that in the first place?

Sighing, I let those thoughts drown in a corner of my brain and placed my head on her shoulder, holding her waist close to me. Inhaling her smell, I relaxed in her warmth before letting the long lost sleep of mine to finally take over my senses.

End of POV 

As soon as she felt the weight of his head getting heavy on her shoulder, she opened her eyes slowly. Her lips shivered yet his warmth was still there reminding her of his soft touches. Her hand rested on his arm and she closed her eyes again, letting the caged tears roll down her temple.

______________________________________

I can't even thank you all enough for waiting patiently for this story 🥺💖

Give your precious reviews 💜