Like... Totally Getting Robbed

Start from the beginning

They also knew, even if they talk about it, that all friends would have their disagreements and what not and they never let that bother them. They got along when they were allowed to spend time together, and they had as much fun as they could together at lunch. Being different ages had really put a clamp on how much time they'd been able to spend together, and Ned had suspected that was partially to blame for their successful friendship.

Yet, as they got older, even if they weren't looking, they found that they were seeing themselves in one another more and more.

Lisa could see her distrust of the church and her spirit that longed to escape the tight confines of a small town like Springfield in the way that Eve tucked her cross necklace into her shirt when she went out and how she'd run away to prove a point to her father and didn't seem like she was dying to get back home anytime soon. Eve could see her caring heart that was probably too big to do anyone any good, and her passion towards her beliefs in the way that she had began to babysit Maggie and have cute girls nights with her on the weekends and the way that she'd fight for the environment and other things that Eve didn't quite understand.

It was a strange thing to them that it had taken this long for them to realize that about one another, but it was comforting for Eve to think that out of all the girls Lisa had been friends with over the years, that she'd been the one to really stick around.

Although, a lot of what Lisa could see right now was the blossoming of feelings for Nelson that she felt Eve had, and how she, herself, actually felt about Nelson. Lisa had spent so much time, building up what she thought her idea of Nelson was, only for her to realize that she had proper feelings for Nelson. And that she was probably too late for anything to come of them.

You see, these feelings that she felt towards him now, were much different now than they'd ever been. When she was younger, she'd wanted so desperately to change him, to turn him into Milhouse, to paraphrase her own words. However, now, there was something there, sparked by her slight jealousy of Eve and Nelson getting along so well and having more in common that she ever had with him, and she couldn't be sure of what it was.

It was dragging her down, she knew that. There were a few different things that had gone through her head last night after she heard Eve sneak out with Bart last night: closure on the relationship that was never really there, sadness that she had no fall back plan anymore, and hurt because Eve had been her best friend for several very long years, and all of a sudden, she gets with the boy that Lisa had talked about extensively through the years.

It didn't make any sense to Lisa, but she knew in the way Nelson had looked at her yesterday while she picked up Eve, that things weren't the same anymore. There hadn't been that moment where she saw his dark eyes light up as they met hers and he didn't really even speak to her directly. Of course, it had been disappointing, but Lisa had been telling herself not to get her hopes up for years now, because everyone, family, best friends, crushes, musicians, will always manage to disappoint you somehow, even though you'd never think they could do something like that.

They could forget your birthday. They could not take any interest in the things you like and then talk shit about them right in front of you. They could say that they don't like something that is a huge part of your life and has been for as long as you can remember. They could be far too into maladaptive daydreaming about a book you wrote together so you have to cut them off yourself. They could have thoughts and viewpoints that differed from yours way too much. They could turn out to be pretentious asshole muscians just trying to make a quick buck off the loser who'd willingly pay for a VIP pass to the event.

Or they could swoop in a steal the affections of a boy who you weren't really sure of how you felt about him anymore, even though you'd sworn you didn't still like him after all these years, and make you fall for him again.