Chapter 11 - Hangout Plan

It was a fresh morning, and people were getting ready to go to school.
Ding dong!!
"Huh? A notification?" Shuichi said, walking to his phone.
Suddenly, Kokichi pops out of his room and snatched the phone before Shuichi could touch it.
"I'm gonna check first, just in case you're doing something fishy." Kokichi glinted, hugging the phone to his chest.
"Kokichi.. I would never." Shuichi awkwardly informed, looking away.
"Hmmmm, ooh."
"Huh? Kokichi what is it?"
"Sh-Shumai!?" Kokichi immediately looked at Shuichi with shock in his eyes.
"K-Kokichi? What's wrong?" Shuichi panicked.
"Kaede.. You.. Both of you."
"H-huh!?"
"Kaede said she had fun last night."
"WHAT!? Show me." Shuichi snatched the phone from Kokichi's hands.
Shuichi opened the app and there was a photo of 2 boys inside a room. It was taken outside a window, but quite far away.
"Th-that's us." Shuichi mumbled
"Oh, I thought you cheated on me or something." Kokichi softly giggled.
"Uhm.. Anyways, let's just get ready for school."
"Way-way-way-waiiit, aren't cha gonna ask Kaede what the heck she's up to?" Kokichi asked, grabbing Shuichi's arm.
"I will, let's go now." Shuichi sighed, holding Kokichi's hand.
They walked to the school gates, greeting people they knew on the way to their lockers.
"I feel like I had some dream of being in a ritual, and you were there to protect me or something." Kokichi suddenly said, looking confused.
"Must'be been a weird dream, huh." Shuichi sighed, trying to not look suspicious.
"And it's funny, because.. In that dream-"
"SHUICHI!" A girl's voice called out.
"H-huh?" Shuichi turned around to see the person running towards him.
"Ah.. wait.. Let me catch my breath real quick." Kaede panted, putting her hands on her knees.
"Oh.. I wanted to ask you abou-"
"The messages, correct!?" Kaede semi-yelled, looking up.
"Ah, yeah."
"Okay, let me explain real quick.. It was a dare from Rantaro, he told me to act like I was stalking you guys."
"Oh, but how did you even get those photos?" Kokichi whimpered, gripping Shuichi's arm.
"Rantaro did that, so yeah."
After they settled on the argument, Kaede promised she wouldn't make such a mistake again. Both Kokichi and Shuichi told her that everything's cool and they walked to class together.
As soon as they got there, Rantaro was already in the class. Something was off, Rantaro was actually in Shuichi's seat which confused his friends and girlfriend.
"Oh! Hey guys!" Rantaro smiled, waving.
"Hey Rantaro, what are you doing in my seat?" Shuichi asked, feeling nervous.
"I had to sit back here since I wanted to get all of your attention." Rantaro sighed.
"What for?" Kokichi asked.
"Want to hang out tomorrow?"
"Sure, I'm free tomorrow." Shuichi said.
"I'm going with you of course!" Kaede giggled.
"I'm going since Shuichi is." Kokichi shrugged.
"Oh okay cool, Kaito and Maki are coming too." Rantaro awkwardly informed.
"C-can I have my seat back?" Shuichi asked.
"Yeah, I wanna sit with Shuichi." Kokichi mumbled, blushing.
"Okay, well I'm gonna go to my seat.. let's go Kaede." Rantaro said, rising from the chair.
"Bye." Both kokichi and Shuichi waved.
As Shuichi sat in his seat, he felt something weird under him. Shuichi looks down to see a note from Rantaro.
"Huh.. what's this?" Shuichi thought to himself.