25.

Harry.

I could feel Anna's stare from where I sat, and I was  doing everything I could not to meet her eyes because it might of actually sent me over the edge. My body was still pulsating with anger, and even beating Quinn to a fucking pulp was doing anything to ease the fury in my bones.

I had a cloth of ice pressed against my jaw, numbing the area from where Quinn took his free shot, my knuckles grazed and bloodied.

There were at least a dozen police officers dotted around the room, looking more alert and on guard than I had ever seen before. There was a group that was questioning the Taylor Brothers, while the others seem to be here for nothing more than moral support.

Apparently since Quinn left in the back of an ambulance, it called for a team of police officers to come down and question everyone. I knew nothing was going to come from this, but it didn't stop them from taking down everyone's statement.

"You've never come down here before," Trent argued to one of them, crossing his arms over his chest.  "I've told you what happened, why do I need to repeat myself? The guy was being a nuisance and was asked to leave, and he wouldn't. My guard did what he is trained to do, and tried to escort him out. He got physical and my guard protected himself."

The police officer gave Trent a flat look. "He was unconscious when the paramedics got here. Is that really the story you're going with?"

Trent's face didn't show any emotions. "Sure is."

"Again, why are you here?" Johnny asked from where he leaned against the wall. He had his arms crossed over his chest, looking bored. He had at three officers surrounding him alone, though he didn't seem the least bit intimidated. I guessed even they knew how Johnny Taylor could get. "Hardly the place to show yourselves."

The officer who had been speaking to Trent flickered his eyes over to him. "Times have changed."

Johnnys eyes narrowed, though he remained silent as she shared a look with me. He was biting down on his tongue, that I knew for sure. I swear his fucking eye twitched as he stared at the police officer.

There was an unspoken agreement between the police department and the Taylors. Money under the table for a bit of leeway when it came to illegal activity around here. It was if these officers didn't have the same respect they did for Robert and that agreement may be close to being tarnished. They'd be stupid if they thought that these men weren't about to create an even more powerful empire than their father.

"How about you?" The officer then turned to me, and I squinted to read his badge. Young. Officer Young. "You sticking to your story?"

I flashed him my teeth, ignoring the pain that shot up the side of my face as I did. "Honesty is the best policy, isn't it?"

He pursed his lips but said nothing as Johnny snickered. Young made a show of glancing over at Anna, and the fake grin I had plastered on my lips instantly dropped down in annoyance.

Anna had perched herself on the bar, feet dangling as she watched everything unfold. Michael had taken it upon himself to stand by her as he muttered his statement, and refused to part from his sisters side. Even though she had her brother by her, my body was still itching to rise to my feet in case the officers got too close.

Michael leaned besides her, eyes following the movements of everyone. Office Young made eye contact with Anna, who only flashed her pearly whites at him in a mocking grin.

"You have anything to say?" he asked her, crossing his arms over his chest.

Anna shrugged. "I plead the fifth."