Imladris

I hugged my brother and smiled at Firavan who was standing next to him. Then Thranduil and Elrond began to talk and after 5 minutes I rolled my eyes. "Not to be rude, but do you want to postpone this conversation maybe? I'm sure it can wait and I would like to eat something different than the gross food from our journey, no offense," I added when Thranduil shot me a glare. "Polite as ever, muinthel ," Elrond sighed, but we stepped inside and made our way to dinner.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The four of them sat and Elrond began to ask about their journey again, after Eluriel had interrupted him before. "Were there any disruptions?" "We had an encounter with seven orcs but the King and I killed them. I won with four kills," the elleth stated proudly. With one glance to Gandalf the Lord of Rivendell smiled. "Are you sure you didn't let my sister win, mellon nin?" Eluriel looked up sharply, she hated it when her win wasn't reached because of her own strength. "I only meant well Nenluin-," Thranduil began, " I'm quite tired, If you'll excuse me, I'd like to return to my room and get ready for the night." Eluriel wasn't mad with the King just overwhelmed with everything as some may say. "Of course, losto vae muinthel ," Elrond sighed at her behaviour, he knew her demeanour would change as soon as she stepped into the palace. It brought too many memories back.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I entered my room a smile fell on my face. It was similar to the one in Mirkwood but there were bookshelves that reached to the cealing and more wooden ornaments. I stepped out on my balkony that gave the most beautiful view over Rivendell. Down on the left you could see the training yard where I spent most of my childhood. The big waterfall seperated Rivendell from the rest of the world. On the right, there was a little forest, harbouring memories when I discovered it and found small, hidden lakes and meadows. It felt good to be back again but still something was missing. I sighed and unpacked my things, opening my giant wooden wardrobe. I realized it was nearly empty because most of my stuff was in the woodland palace. Suddenly I felt tired, tired from the trip, the memories, everything. So I just layed down on my bed and closed my eyes.

The sound of water and distant commands woke me up. I groaned, adjusting my eyes to the aur (sunlight). I tapped out of my room and on the balkony. The Echor ( encircling mountains ) let huge shadows fall on the path to Rivendell, but the village itself was built so, that the light was shining on it all day and night, no matter anor (sun) or ithil (moon). My hair flew in the light cold breeze and I closed my eyes. Then someone on my left cleared his throat. My eyes shot opened and I turned my head. Thranduil stood on his balkony, smirking at me. How original from my dear muindor  to place his room right next to mine. Suddenly I became aware of my lack of clothes as I was only in a thin nightgown. "Your brother has requested our presence at breakfast, perhaps you want to change, not that I am bothered by your attire," he told me his eyes lingering on my body. "I will be there shortly," I said, ignoring his side comment and he nodded.

After I had changed I walked towards the little pavilion, where my brother liked to spent his time. The table was already set and everyone seemed to be waiting for me. "You took your time," Thranduil murmured after I sat next to him. I glared at him and reached for the water. Rivendells water was as fine as the wine from the Woodlandrealm, we filled it directly from the waterfalls, making it cold and cristal clear.

"So brother, what are we doing today, there must be a reason for you to tell me I should return with the King." Elrond nodded, not bothered by my bluntness. "I wanted you here so I could speed the process up a bit." "The process of what exactly?" Thranduil asked next to me. "Of your relationship of course." The King and I choked on our drinks. "Excuse me?" I asked coughing. "You both often forget, that I'm able to see the future, yours is clear for me to see now. And besides that you both have formed a healers bond." I couldn't believe my brother was so blunt about it. The more he spoke the more I wished that a hole in the earth would open for me and I could just disappear. While I was flustered Thranduil remained calm and professional.

"I do not know what you are implying, mellon, the bond was the only chance to save Eluriel." As if he wanted to rat us out Gandalf joined my brother. "There has been a long time since the King was happy, Eluriel. You may have not noticed, but the forest has begun to bloom again. The plants and flowers are regaining their colour. Lord Elrond and I have things to discuss, so we shall take our leave now." Before they went to leave Gandalf turned his head to Thranduil, one more time. "Do not be foolish my King, the Woodlandrealm needs its Queen and so do you." Then they were gone, leaving me and the King in an awkward silence.

"So, who do we push of a bridge first?" I asked after a while, making Thranduil chuckle. Then I turned serious. "You're not seriously thinking about pledging yourself to me, do you?" "Valar no, I'd rather marry an orc than a stubborn elleth as yourself," he said and my heart felt like someone had put a dagger through it. Neither of us wished to marry eachother, but an orc was rather harsh, right? He seemed to notice my hurt expression and opened his mouth, but I interrupted him. It gave me a strange deja vu from the dinner of last night. "No, I get it. If it relaxes you, I do not wish to marry you either, my Lord." Then I took my leave.

I was sure he had felt my pain over the bond but he didn't call after me. I grabbed my bow and Felaróf and rode into the woods. Killing was like therapy and the blood of enemies soothed my anger.

Word count : 1094