Mereth nuin Giliath

Two days passed and Eluriel was still absent from the Halls of the Woodland King. No one spoke a word of her since it made the King burn with anger. He went back to his stoic, cold self and no one dared to go near him. Elrond was the first to speak to him again. "You need to focus mellon nin, she will come back." The Kings eyes flashed with anger as he hissed, "I dare her to come back, she may be your sister but no one picks a fight with me." Elrond only sighed at his words and left. His foresight showed him the outcomes of this disagreement. One would happen tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I stepped out of Beorns hut and went to feed the ponies together with Felaróf a thought crossed my mind. I dropped the hay and rushed back into the house, how could I forget. "What is it Eluriel?" Beorn asked after he took my state in. "Beorn, mellon nin, I need your help. Tonight is Mereth nuin Giliath, the feast of Starlight. I want to return to the palace tonight but I need a dress." The man smiled at me knowingly and beckoned me to follow him. "As luck would have it Lord Elrond came by on his trip back to the palace, he said he saw something in your future and left me this." Beorn held up a beautiful forest colored gown and I smiled at my brothers gesture. It was typical for elleths to wear at feasts, yet it was extraordinary. It matched with my eyes and there were golden accents at the bottom of it. I felt like the girl I read about in a fairytale of men. I think they called her Cinderella or such.

"Guren glassui (Thank you from my heart)!" I hugged Beorn. "Now now, I think there is a ball you are supposed to attend," he smiled. "It is time Eluriel," Beorn called. I thanked him again and then mounted Felaróf who was already expecting me impatiently and we raced trough the forest. I dismounted in front of the main gates when the guards stopped me.

"Who are you and what is your business?" one asked. "I am Eluriel of Rivendell and I demand entrance." I knew it was rather harsh, yet I needed to go in. The guard mumbled a quick apology as he recognized me and the gates opened.

I strode confidently through the halls towards the ballroom where you could already hear the music and laughter. The door was opened and I stepped down the stairs while everyones head turned to me. Only the King was unbothered and ignored my presence. The people continued to stare until someone next to me spoke. "You are back, I'm glad you chose this way." I chuckled at my brothers welcome and took a goblet of wine from a tray. "Well I couldn't leave all of you alone with this monster, could I?" Elrond only rolled his eyes at me and went to speak with another ellon. Then Legolas and Tauriel sauntered towards me hand in hand. "Where have you been El? You look so beautiful," Tauriel gushed over me. "I visited an old friend outside the forest, and may I say Legolas you've picked yourself a fine maiden." Legolas blushed but smiled.

"Le suilon ! (I greet you)," chimed the voice of my brother trough the room and it went silent. "Shall we beginn with our annual celebrations?" cheers rang trough the room and Elrond smiled, "As tradition demands our feast begins with our dance." Everyone got a partner and Elrond strode over to me and we began to dance. After a while everyone switched partners and so on. Now I was in the arms of an old ellon with a breath of too much wine. His grip on my hips was uncomfortable and I was praying to get away from the dance floor. As if he had heard my thoughts suddenly the cold, silky voice of the King spoke up. "Excuse me mellon, you wouldn't mind parting with the lady now, do you?" the man quickly bowed and left me in the arms of Thranduil. We danced quietly eyes trained on eachother.

"You're back," he noted after a while. "I was wondering if you'd find the courage after the drama you did." "The drama I did? Tell me, do you listen to the foolish nonsense you say?" His eyes darkened and his grip on my waist tightened. He was going to say something when the balldoor opened again and my breath hitched in my throat when I saw the person who entered.