Felaróf

I jumped and put my hand back. Thranduil stood at the entrance watching me. "He doesn't trust people," he spoke up again. "Well he's not the only one here huh?" I mocked. The King rolled his eyes at me. "No worries, my lord, I befriended your elk a few nights ago." He seemed surprised but didn't stop me when I went to pet the animal again. "Good boy," I murmured when the animal accepted my hand and I stroked his neck.

"His name is Túrthogor," the silk voice of the King spoke. "The victory bringer, poetic," I chuckled. Then I turned and walked to my horse, a white stallion, the guards brought with from Rivendell. "Na vedui Felaróf (At last Felaróf)," I smiled. "Felaróf?" questioned the King from behind me. "Yes, he was named after the mount of Eorl, the saviour of Gondor. Some said he even understood the language of men and was the one who started the line of the Mearas, Shadowfax the companion of Mithrandir is his descendant," I filled Thranduil in who nodded. Felaróf snorted at his name being mentioned and I laughed at him. Then the King murmured something which I couldn't understand.

"Sorry what was that?" I asked him. "I was wondering if you'd like to go on a stroll with me?" Thranduil asked. "Um sure, my Lord," I more questioned than answered. "You can call me Thranduil when we're alone Eluriel," he said. Progress. "So where are we going?" No answer. I huffed and followed his large strides out of the stable. We walked a bit in a rather comfortable silence. We passed a bridge and I stopped. The wood connected two grounds from a waterfall that led into a lake, it reminded me a lot of my home Rivendell. Looking up I saw the starlight again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The elleth stopped on the bridge, the starlight reflecting in her emerald green eyes. The taller ellon turned around with an annoyed face, as he noticed her not following him anymore, that vanished when he saw her expression. His silk, silver hair shined in the moonlight and for foreigners they seemed like the original Eldars, the ones that descended from the stars.

"It is beautiful," the elleth commented. "Indeed it is," he answered. He wasn't looking at the stars. Suddenly the elleth became aware how close she was to him. Her eyes were suddenly filled with recognition and pain.

"Boe i 'waen (I must go)," she whispered and turned away. With flowing garments she disappeared behind the trees. The King wanted to call after her but he decided against it and went for his chambers.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I woke up again, my mind went back to the past night. "Rhaich !" I cursed myself for the dumb behaviour towards the King. I needed to apologize to him, so I formally requested an audience with him. Erwyn brought me breakfast after I missed it due my oversleeping, I'm sure that didn't thrill Thranduil either. Then it knocked and I opened the door only to be met with those blue eyes again. Suddenly I was very nervous and I kept my head down when I stepped aside.

"You asked for me my Lady?" There it was again, the cold, monotone, emotionless voice I hated so much, but I couldn't blame him. "Yes, about last night I'm very sorry Thranduil-", "it's my Lord to you," he interrupted me harshly. At those words my stomach churned and I was feeling something I never wanted to feel again. "I'm sorry my Lord," I spat out, "I only wanted to clear the air between us, but apparently you do not wish the same as me. Excuse me," and with that I rushed out of your room, tears threatening to fall. I ran over a bridge only to collide with someone. Looking up I saw Legolas's concerned face. "El? Are you alright?" "Why don't you ask your stubborn father? He's an ill tempered monster," I snapped at him.

I went to the stable and mounted Felaróf. I let my tears fall once we were deep in the forest of Mirkwood. Memories of my past flooded back and my knuckles turned white because of my hard grip on the rains.

"Eluriel! Help me!" "Nana, I'm coming"

"What warrior can't save their own mother? You're a pathetic excuse of an elleth."

"Ego Eluriel! You are not worth of my company!"

The faces of Baramir, my mother and my father clouded my mind and I had to gather all of my strength to not fall of my horse. Soon I reached the end of the forest and the near house of my dear friend Beorn. I dismounted Felaróf and let him graze. Then I knocked on the door. "Eluriel?! What a pleasant surprise, what brings you here my friend?" the shapeshifter asked me. "Gi suilon, Beorn (I greet you), would you mind letting me stay here for a few days? I am in the desperate need of fresh air, the halls of the Woodland King cloud my mind," I explained to him. "You know I love when you visit me, you may stay as long as you want, you just got to take care of the ponies." I smiled and nodded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What do you mean she's gone?" the anger in his voice could be heard by nearly everyone in the palace. "Her horse is missing ada and-"

"What is it?"

"Well she ran into me on the way and told me to tell you that you're a stubborn idiot and an ill tempered King," the prince said slowly to his father. Before the King could raise his voice again Lord Elrond entered the throne room. "Calm yourself, mellon. She is with Beorn and will come back. You are both carved from the same wood and short tempered. I won't ask you what it is you did to upset my sister but I'm sure it will pass." The ellons words seemed to soothe the outraged King. Still he called Tauriel and made sure the guards were more vigilant on their patrols.

Word count : 1020