Chapter 60| Trust

Start from the beginning

____________

Tracy

The very next day, my mom and I moved to our new house in Lagos. It was a small two storey with an exotic appearance and particularly a floor to ceiling window overlooking the streets. A small bean pool was out in the backyard and the precinct and the house was just elegant. My mom had the keys to the hatchback packed under the bamboo shed and I haven't thought to get a personal driver for it.

Just because our place at Royal was bought with the riches of my dad's mistress, we were thinking of putting it up for sale and never returning there. My mom and I simply boxed up our things and packed our luggage before getting into her car and headed for banana island. We were too lazy to unbox our things on getting to the new house so we simply pushed the boxes and our bags to a corner in the sitting room.

Yesterday, I was in my own little dysphoria but I cheered up later on. Waiting on him didn't seem like a bad idea if we would be talking on a daily basis. Actually, I tried ringing him a few times last night and it didn't go through but I decided they were probably still in the air or busy settling in and he couldn't receive them.

During supper yesterday, it suddenly hit me that our house was too quiet and boring without Tristan or Christopher so I finally agreed with my mom on moving. We didn't see the cause for further delay so we moved this morning.

I dropped the phone call from Chioma asking if she could come over and stay with us for the time being and I told her she could on her parents' permission. My mom didn't mind either and she didn't like the house being too quiet anyway.

Giving in to my obtrusive thoughts, I tried calling Christopher again but his phone was still off. I began to get worried because he ought to have landed by now. Frustrated, I threw the phone to my side and adjusted on the black couch.

The theme of the living room was so catchy, I was curious about the interior designer. The floor was dark and so were the couches and complementing them were the white walls and ceiling and the almond furnitures. When I checked my room out earlier, I saw that it was painted in lilac and I almost threw up in my mouth. I already phoned a painting company to come repaint it to sky blue or I would not have my beasty sleep tonight... or any sleep at all.

Picking up my phone again, I decided to place a call to Daniella. I've been dying to see her since I got signed but she's been really busy with being an influencer. We got to talk about our lives and share some celebrity gossip and just talking to her made my mental stress dwindle. I told her about my new living arrangements and she promised to be around the next day and I was nothing short of elated by the news.

Back to my thoughts, I pondered and pictured Christopher's face when he opened the coca cola drink that I managed to drop a mentos into and replace it's seal. It was hard but after taking some YouTube tutorials on a mentos soda prank, I managed to drop in the little bomb with a magnet without leaving the coke open so it wouldn't gas yet. He would be surprised when he opened the drink only for it to literally erupt in his face.

Smiling to the thought, I mentally applauded myself on getting back at him for calling my boobs flat.

~~~

Tracy

Come Monday, I became pissed and sad that he hadn't tried to contact me. Did he already move on? He had a change of heart, maybe? Did he have a safe flight? I was left to ponder on these till Chioma arrived with her bags.

My mom set out right after to apply for a nursing job at an hospital she spotted weeks ago. I suggested opening her own business or clinic as I didn't see the need for her to get a job but she insisted on working for a paycheck. According to her, just caring for patients made her happy and she wanted to remain in that space whether she got paid or not. Either way, her extra shifts had come to an end.