Chapter 23: Eunwoo's Mother

Start from the beginning

"Oh?" Mrs. Shin gasped a little.

"Yes, ma'am," Eunwoo's mother replied with a forced smile.

"What about Eunwoo?" asked Mother.

"Is this your mother?" Mrs. Cha gestured to Mrs. Shin while asking me.

"Yes I am. How can I help you?"

"Eunwoo was expelled by the school, maam." Mrs. Cha sighed while looking at a group of students in front of us.

"Actually, there is no official letter yet. But I think he will be expelled," Mrs. Cha continued.

"What does it have to do with my daughter?" frowning, Mrs. Shin asked with an infuriating face.

"Because he slapped your daughter, maam."

"He slapped my daughter?" Mrs. Shin was definitely shocked with that news.

"Yes. And then, Ryujin came and fought with him."

"Wait a minute. Eunwoo slapped my daughter?"

"Yeah, Eunwoo had slapped Yeji."

"You got slapped by Eunwoo?"

"Oh, you don't know yet?" Mrs. Cha was shocked.

"Explain it to me." Mrs. Shin demanded to Mrs. Cha.

"Initially, Eunwoo had slapped Yeji. And then, I don't know why, Ryujin came over Eunwoo's class and started a fight with him. They fought and was caught by the teachers. Both of them will be expelled by the principal today. But the sole reason on why they fought was because of her. They fought because of her. She is the main reason on why my son was being expelled by the school." Mrs. Cha snapped at Mrs. Shin.

"No, what do you want now?" Mrs. Shin was now as enraged as Mrs. Cha's statement.

"Do you want to blame my child?"

"No, but Eunwoo said that- "

"So, Eunwoo blamed my daughter?" Mrs. Shin started to raise her voice to Mrs. Cha.

"I don't want to blame your child."

"But, from what you have said, you are definitely blaming her," said Mrs. Shin.

"I don't blame her at all!"

"I just want her to retract her report about Eunwoo slapping her from the teachers. That's it."

"You just take care of it by yourself," Mrs. Shin said while looking at Eunwoo's mother.

"Then, Eunwoo's brother had beaten Ryujin. She almost died. Do I need to lodge a police report too?" Mrs. Shin asked while putting her hands on her hip.

"There is no need to do such thing, maam. He is still young. He may make mistakes." Mrs. Cha dismissed Mrs. Shin's question.

"Aaah, I see. When it comes to your sons, you want us to understand them? But when it comes to both Ryujin and Yeji, you want it to be forgiven? You want to blame them instead of your own son? Then my children are also youngsters. Why don't we just let the school decide what is the best for your son then?"

"But I have already being mad at him for beating Ryujin up. That girl is such a busybody. It was a quarrel between our children, but she interfered."

"Just now you had put the blame on Yeji, and now on Ryujin?"

"But why did she need to interfere with this problem? She is a nobody."

"She is my daughter's girlfriend."

"Okay I got it, maam. But Ryujin is a brat."

"She is still above Eunwoo in everything after all. She is the first in her batch."

"Do you really think having in-laws that is the best in everything is the very best in-laws? Believe me, Ryujin will corrupt Yeji's life."

"And why do you say so?"

"She is involved with the motorcycle gang. You should beware if she comes to your house."

"And what about your son? I heard that he is a druggie. Coke and meths are nothing to him. I guess being a druggie is much worse than being in a gang."

"What do you mean by that?"

"Maam, I am a teacher at another school. One of my students were caught by the police for being drug addicts. Eunwoo was being caught at the same time. But he was bailed by his brother. Go and ask the both of them if you couldn't believe me."

"You are talking nonsense."

"Go and ask them by yourself if you don't believe me."

"Whatever, maam. I just want to remind you to make sure that Yeji will distance herself from Ryujin. She is a bad girl."

"Okay, maam. Will do that. I will ask my own child to change himself first if I were you."

"Oh, another thing, maam. Ryujin is my real child. I am with Yeji because I want to bring her to meet Ryujin after this. Thank you for being concerned with my daughters!" Mrs. Shin winked at Mrs. Cha who was already stunned upon hearing Mrs. Shin's remarks. I just chuckled to myself before Mrs. Shin patted my head.

Mrs. Shin then went to meet Ryujin's homeroom teacher in the principal's room. Shortly thereafter, Mrs. Shin returned, bringing Ryujin's report card and she said that Ryujin was officially expelled from school.

I immediately felt disappointed, frustrated, and sad at the same time. I don't know what to say. I don't know what to think.  

'Will everything get better after this?'