ꦼ ʟɪɴ ʀᴜɪ ᴇɴ sᴘᴇᴄɪᴀʟ

Start from the beginning

(Note: Incense is used as offering to pay respects to ancestors, Ran Yi is worrying whether there will be descendants to takeover this act of filial piety)44

Lin Rui En knits his brows together, and can only follow along to the inner hall. Lin Ran Yi pulls aside the monks to ask, inquiring along the way, even making use of her identity in the end, and only then did she find, the two beauties has entered the temple from the back hall, she regretfully sighs, completely missed all opportunities. That is until she hears the two beauties has not yet left, her heart met with great pleasure.

"Sister, this is intrusive behaviour." Aware of Ran Yi's intentions, Lin Rui En coldly reminds.

"This is admiring flowers." Speaking proudly unashamed as she throws out those words, Lin Ran Yi snakes around the side of the spacious hall, giving Lin Rui En a "wait here for me" eye signal, as she heads towards the middle of the main hall.

Inwardly sighing to himself, standing for a while, he sees a few groups of little monks walk over, afraid that they will ask too much, causing more troubles, he paces away, walking aimlessly. Walking past the side hall, a soft female voice sounds from inside: "Young Lady, hearing the story just now, this stick is just too inauspicious, better to throw it away."

A sudden glimpse of white jade light, resoundingly hitting the ground, falling before his feet, Lin Rui En lowers his head, seeing the lustrous jade stick lie on the floor, he bends down to pick it up, turning over the stick, strong and proper words carved into it reads "The Emperor Swallow".

"Ling Long, even if you are to throw it, you cannot throw it there, retrieve the stick, do not become the joke of others." Light voice like the breeze, laced with dazzling laughter, this voice is extremely pleasant to the ears, sweetly striking a deep chord in the heart, passing into the eardrum, Lin Rui En actually falls into a moment of trance. A burst of light jogging, the figure of a little maid in green runs out from the hall, against the light, it is difficult to get a clear look of her face. That maid called Ling Long also seems to have not expected someone to be outside the hall, slightly stunned, she respectfully bows, taking the stick, lowering her body as she says her thanking, before running back into the hall.

A cool breeze brushes against the body, whistling with not a speck of dust, no sound is heard from within the hall again, considering how secluded of an area this is, inside there is also a lady staying, he dares not to remain longer, Lin Rui En turns and leaves, glancing over before leaving, vaguely, his eyes spots a body of light soft silk hazily sheer, gown fluttering.

Once again returning to the spacious main hall, Lin Ran Yi greets him in frustration: "Both left already." With a faint reassuring smile, Lin Rui En says: "Why impose when it is not fated?"

Three days later, the Lin Estate receives a message from the ministry of defence, the Nu Army by Yu Xia Guan has occasionally been making strong sweeps across the bordering towns, Lin Rui En immediately leaves the Capital, heading straight to Yu Xia Guan. And at the time, the commander of the Nu Army, is the Nu King's most dearest second prince, Ye Li.

The evening wind rises, like a ferocious growl, residues of clouds in the horizon like silk, the gravel on the ground swept up, heaven and earth along with boundary of the vast plains merging into one, the viewer not knowing what part is sky, what part is land.

******

"General!"

Lin Rui En looks back, side profile appears to be clearly carved by wind blades, sharply defined, neatly outlined, with not a trace of roughness that comes with fighting in battlefields. The arriving person is slightly stunned upon seeing this, innocently smiling, he hands over a bowl of soup, faintly drifting with fragrance that arouses interest.