ꦼ ᴇᴘɪʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

EPILOGUE: Flying Into The Homes Of The Common People

In heaven's recording of the fifth year, spring, Zhang Zhou's old general Bai Wei led troops of one hundred and seventy thousands up north, saving Du Cheng from its siege, Nu King Ye Li was forced into retreat. The frontiers halted battles for more than two months, Qi Ling and Nu Tribe reaches settlement. Yet Ye Li actually mobilised troops to head down south during the peace settlement, Bai Wei thus suffering a great defeat, with the loss of eighty thousand soldiers outside Du Cheng, falling back to guard Tong Shu, Nu King is of valiant bearings, unwilling to give up and follows in pursuit, successively capturing three cities, Bai Wei's hair grew white overnight, committing suicide in Xi Zhou.

Zheng Liu was outraged by this. The value of the Shu Clan is put forth in this moment, under desperate measures, Zheng Liu elects Shu Yu Cai as commander, leading troops in Xi Zhou, preventing Nu King Ye Li from advancing south. Shu Yu Cai had only just reached his twenties, skilled in all areas of astronomy and geography, and is particularly well versed in the art of war. Taking to brutal means, on the battlefield there is nothing he will hold back on, Nu King could also do nothing about this, the two sides continues their confrontation in Xi Zhou for five years, the war adding up to almost a hundred battles, the people residing by the frontier lines miserably suffers. In heaven's recording of the tenth year, autumn, Nu King Ye Li's body feeling unwell, thus retreats. In the winter of the same year, the two nations makes peace negotiations - with the exclusion of Xi Zhou - Tong Shu, Tu Lun Fan, Du Cheng, these three lands are ceded to the Nu Tribe, the two nations comes to a truce.

The Battle of the Jade Governor continued for five years, Emperor Zheng Liu of Qi Ling had his worries taking a toll on his health, body hit with a vicious disease, his condition sometimes good sometimes bad, the imperial physician at loss what to do, reaching the time of the year everything returns to spring, the season of flourishing flowers, the truce between the two nations restored peace to the hearts of the people, yet Zheng Liu entered the state of being incurably ill, disregarding all medications.

"Your highness, your highness......" The palace maid hurriedly runs into the hall, the Empress who was sat behind the curtains with sleepy eyes, was startled by this cry, her eyes abruptly opens, unable to conceal how taken aback she is, "Is his majesty......"

"Reporting to your highness, his majesty urgently summons you, the imperial physician......the imperial physician says may your highness quickly go, any longer and it may be too late!"

The Empress deeply furrows her brows, combing back the hair on her temples, in that very moment, a flash of sorrow is revealed in her expression, but disappears without a trace, standing up, she orders, "Quickly summon the Imperial Lin Army's Commander into the palace to await orders!" The personal palace maid quickly runs out, the Empress gently lets out a sigh, leading a group of palace maids and guards, she hurries towards Yu Gan Hall.

The outside of Yu Gan Hall filled with towering ancient trees, the spring sun shines between the branches, a luxuriant green like jade, just that as one approaches, a thick herbal smell rushes up the nose, gloom follows the herbal smell in dispersing into the spring shades. The Empress steps into the hall, attentively looking over, this hall uses the reflections of gla.s.s to gather lighting, the lighting like strings of beads, the form it takes like a woman with hair done up in a highly pulled back bun, a great aesthetic style.

The countless times she has entered and exited this hall, but this one time, it is just like the first time she had stepped inside, heart at great unease, as though sensing an inner voice screaming within her chest, her heart beats faster, wanting to jump out of her chest. Inside the hall, so open and empty, deeply secluded, with not the slightest of sound, knowing that the Emperor has only summoned for her alone, the servants withdrawing to the left and right, she slowly paces into the hall.