ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ

CHAPTER 2: The Frost-like Youth

A tranquil pavilion connected to the pond, with no fencing, clear blue water, white jaded steps, as if it has all melted into one. A figure of graceful demeanour sits on the jade steps, blending in together with the water and jade.

Satin-like black hair submissively held back in a silver ribbon, making Gui Wan’s skin look even more so as white as snow, that face of incomparable beauty, carrying a shallow smile, sitting alone on top of the jade steps, sinking quietly into her own world.

Reaching out to fiddle with the water, circles and circles of ripples disperses out from her hand, seeming to find it interesting, she takes to the trouble of doing the same thing over and over again, even her thoughts had already flew far away. Things that have happened during this half of the month, provides a lot to think about, she needs to organise her thoughts.

Half a month ago, she was made the most glorious woman within the whole of the Capital, marrying into the Prime Minister Estate, wedded to someone whose position stands next to that of the Emperor.

That wedding dress had a hole, but under Ling Long’s hands, not even the slightest flaw could be detected, however……does not seeing it means that it’s not there? Because all traces of the torn hole has been concealed with embroidery, does that make the torn hole non-existent then?

She does not like to deceive oneself nor others.

The ripples forms loops after loops, her cool hand feels the upwelling, but she still has no intention to retract her hand.

Her husband wields too much power, such power that is rivalled to none, what’s even more rare, is that he is an elegantly handsome man, gentle, and considerate of others. It seems like he has no flaws, with a slight trace of sarcasm, she laughs.

Never thought that, on their wedding night, she never even got to see this legendary flawless husband.

“He’s gone into the palace, with urgent matters arising in the palace, the groom has no way to get out. As the Prime Minister Madam, please understand, he has after all achieved such great success at such young age. In future, he will still need your support.” Nanny Zhang explains to her with a smile

“Doesn’t the palace forbid men from staying over?”

“How is Prime Minister Lou the same as others, he has received a warrant, with freedom of access, the Emperor has even set up a living quarter for him.”

……

Her husband really stands right above the skies.

Her wedding night, with someone else’s desperate flattery, praise and hospitality, pa.s.ses by in a blur.

On the second day, a greater shock was awaiting her. Just when she was eating her breakfast, her husband hurriedly returns. She may very possibly never forget that moment, when she lifts her head, freezing in place.

Her husband is the very man who was accompanying Yao Ying pray for the kau chim sticks half a year ago. However, somewhat different from half a year ago, this man appears to look deeper (as in he is concealing his real feelings more) than back then, looking more dignified with this air of containing but not revealing.

She suddenly feels like her mind has fallen into slight chaos. When she had met him half a year ago, she did not know of his ident.i.ty, and even thought he and Yao Ying were a pair of fine jade-like couple. A month after offering prayers to the Buddha, she heard that Yao Ying will be entering the palace as an imperial concubine. At that time, she had even lamented incessantly for her, occasionally thinking of that graceful man who had accompanied her by her side.