ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ғɪᴠᴇ

CHAPTER 25: Dangerous Situation Deep In The Palace

Several boxes, outlined in gold, were placed within the hall, once the lid lifts open, inside there lays silk and satin, pearl and agate stones, against the candlelit background, they appear even more like an overspill of radiance, of extraordinary glamour. The palace maids’ tender and smooth hands organises the things inside the boxes, that type of value and luxury in their hands, tosses and turns, pa.s.ses on, running along with the flow.

Gui Wan quietly sits by the side, those beautifully arched brows lightly knitted together, cold eyes indifferently watching, such radiance and luxury in her eyes, were no different to thorns, the rays of light reflected on her serene face, yet it is unable to reflect the hidden undercurrent of anger and resentment, sorrows and worries……

She never knew that disappointment gnaws on people like this, just like an invisible needle, little by little, piercing into one’s heart, yet not even a drip of blood is shed. It has already been over two months since she started staying in the palace, yet the news that are being pa.s.sed along into her ears are so unbearable. Sending for San Niang to investigate Nan Jun and Luo Ling, was only in hopes of striking some luck, who knew that they actually hit spot on.

Lou Che taking Consort Ying out of the palace, Lou Che and Prince Duan in cahoots, Nan Jun, Luo Ling and other places’ are in remonstrating conflict with the reforming of the central governing inst.i.tutions within the Capital. Each and every piece of such facts, conveys the most recent huge matters within the imperial court, at the same time, it also highlights the awkward position she is in. Lou Che has really abandoned her……in the end, is it her who overly underestimated his decisiveness in grasping hold of the situation, or did she overly overestimated her own value? Turns out that the difference between the two of them is this big.

Don’t blame him, cannot blame him……in face of the changes within the Capital, him leaving the Capital City is a wise move, is a necessity within the power struggle. Such facts have also proven that this chess move is incredibly ingenious, the Emperor is also facing a dilemma from both ends……

Is she not to blame him? Her heart feeling a slight sense of pain, Gui Wan half lays down her body, leaning against the long chair, taking advantage of her posture, she buries all the melancholy in her into the silk brocade, his every actions and every reasoning, could it be that they can really be covered up by two words of “don’t blame”? What he has wounded, is the pride that she acc.u.mulated from the coddling she received since young, is her carefree nature like that of the clear skies, is her deeply contained, unrevealing heart……

How is she not to blame ah……?

……

In her moment of haziness, she seems to hear sounds of gentle calling, lifting those curtains of eyelashes, her eyes brightens up, De Yu stands in front of the bed, solemnly keeping his head bowed, seeming to have stood there for a long time, yet there is not the slightest look of impatience. Gui Wan props up her body, immediately noticing there is already no one else within the hall.

“Madam, although it is already nearing summer, but the night air in the back palace is cold, please take care of your body.” Having just entered the hall, finding her alone lying on the long chair, wearing only one layer of clothing having just finished bathing, not even covering herself with a single silk quilt, thus causing him to receive a fright.

Gui Wan vaguely answers, looking at him, “This late, to come here, do you have matters?”

“Have matters to report. Having already followed Madam’s orders, all has been prepared now, only lacking a final boost of a.s.sisted strength now.”