Chapter 8 - Pain

Lottie was left sobbing in the same exact spot where Jamie had just rejected her.

Did all those little moments with him mean nothing?

A few seconds later she had realised the whole entire room was watching her. She rubbed her eyes and ran out of the hall and into the piano room.

She sat on the piano stool, imagining that Jamie was there next to her and that they were playing the sweet melody from before. She shook her head, trying to remove the memory from her mind. She had no idea what she was playing. And that was when she saw the writing in German once again.

What did it mean?

She rubbed her head in confusion but started to play a melody on the piano again. Her heart shattered and no one was fixing it.

Maybe it was for the best...

Right after everything that had happened; watching Leviathan take the formula, getting taped up once again, facing the royal court, Lottie still felt heart broken. When she was staring at Jamie across the room wasn't a sign of alert, it was her being worried about him. The conversation with Ellie about their kiss never happened; it was a dream. Ellie was still mad at her for everything and Jamie was so disappointed in himself he made no effort in talking to anyone--especially her.