Moving On - Chapter 41

Start bij het begin

"Kaede... I already said it's okay." I reassure her as I grab her shoulder. "It's my fault anyways for overreacting.. I'm sorry as well." She quickly turns around and gives me a quick hug, I smile as I hug her back.

"It's okay.. And don't apologize.. It's not your fault. It was me who kissed him.." she whispered into my shoulder.

"No, he wouldn't have done that in the first place if I hadn't been avoiding you." I comb her hair. "Maybe it's both of our faults. A little bit."

She looked up with a bright smile, the depressed look she had faded away as she blinked away her tears. "Thanks, Shuichi.. You always know how to cheer me up."

"Um.. No problem?" I chuckle, I simply said the obvious. I've already forgiven her, I didn't feel like there was a need to apologize again. How much had this been affecting her?

"Let's... make it up to each other, okay?" she finally made her way to the door, turning to me with a smile. "See you tomorrow, bye for real!" she waved before closing the door behind her.

I waved back, despite the fact there was a solid door blocking her view of me. I had a content smile as I slowly put down my hand.

I was dating Kaede Akamatsu again.

...

The next day, I got dressed for my day out with Kaede. I quickly took a shower to make sure I smelled good this time. I didn't want to ruin a special moment again because of my lack of hygiene this past week.

As I got into my room, my uncle shot finger guns at me, imitating shooting noises. "Aye, you heading out?"

"Yup." I respond as I stuff my phone in my pocket. "I'm gonna go out with Kaede."

"Nice! About time you got out! You know, after being holed up for so long."

"Honey, he was sick." Fuyuka wagged a finger at my uncle as she scolded him.

Ah right, she doesn't know...

"O-Oh!" my uncle awkwardly laughed, stuffing some cereal down his throat. "My bad. That kinda makes me sound like a dickish uncle. Uhh, glad you're better, Shuichi!"

"Thanks, uncle." I snickered at my aunt's obliviousness to the situation as I opened the front door.

"Don't overexert yourself, Shuichi. You just got better. Take care." Fuyuka didn't glance up at me as she sipped her coffee, hovering her hand below her mouth in the off chance she spills it.

"Cya, Shuichi. Make sure you don't forget anything, but I don't mind if you leave your virgi-" my aunt punched his shoulder to cut him off. He quickly rubbed it to lessen some of the pain.

I opened the door as I rolled my eyes.

...

As I arrive at the café, Kaede had already reserved a seat for us. As she caught sight of me, she waved with an excited smile, I awkwardly placed myself in front of her. She already had my order.

"Thanks." I smile as I look at my chocolate cake, she smiles back.

"No problem." she nods as she picks up her fork to eat her own strawberry cake.

I shuffle for my wallet but she puts her hand out to stop me. "No, let me pay.."

"Uh, we can at least split?" I offer.

She shook her head. "...Let me do this." she mutters, looking to the side with an embarrassed look.

"Okay.." I obliged as I stop digging into my pocket. She gives a satisfied exhale as she put the desert in her mouth, letting out an appeased hum.