"To New Beginnings"

Start from the beginning

            "See," said Jacory. "I told you she's a dog."

            Reece tried to charge at Jacory but the beautician got in between them and then Demetrius and Montrell pulled Jacory back.

            "Not in the goddamn salon," said the beautician. "Both of y'all need to chill! Damn, y'all worse than straight niggas right now! I thought y'all come here so you don't have to deal with the toxic men at barbershops?"

            "We do," Montrell told her.

            "Then why the hell are y'all trying to fight up in here? Over some musty ass boy, ain't it?"

            "Oh, he's never musty," said Jacory. "The little dog can vouch for that, can't you, Fido? That man always smells fresh and I know you canines have a heightened sense of smell."

            "Fuck you, bitch!" Reece shouted.

            "That's enough," said the beautician. "If y'all don't cut it out then you're gonna have to leave. Good luck getting haircuts and other services on New Year's Eve anywhere else. Now, are y'all gonna be good?"

            "I'm not gonna let some hazel-eyed monster fuck up my haircut," said Reece while grabbing his coat. "I'll go sit in the lobby because I will put hands on this bitch. Just come get me when it's my turn. Ugly bitches always tryin' me." He quickly walked away from the waiting area and headed to the building's entrance where the lobby was.

            Jacory looked at the beautician and suggested, "Get her some Snausages while she waits out there." He then sat back down with Montrell and Demetrius and quipped, "That bitch is just like the news, pressed."

            "Anyway," said Demetrius after the beautician walked away, "Zay is getting us a hotel suite tonight so we can watch the countdown together and finally go all the way. This shit has literally been months in the making. What are your plans?"

            "I'm just gonna stay up late with momma," Montrell replied before giving Jacory a look.

            Jacory smirked at him and then told Demetrius, "I'm sneaking into a forty and up club with Rod tonight."

            "Now, what, now?" Demetrius asked.

            "You're going to Uncle Eddie's New Year's Eve party?" Montrell asked. "Why do you wanna party with them geezers?"

            "They are not geezers. And I wanna go there because I want to dance to some good music. The Red Room is the classiest club on this side of the city and white people don't descend on it like them white gays do at Apollo's Secret. Y'all know I am a throwback music junkie. I love current music but it's something about them old school songs that just speaks to me. Uncle Eddie is gonna leave a side door open for me and Rod to sneak in."

            "Hold up," said Demetrius. "Y'all Uncle Eddie is in his thirties. How is he hosting a party at a forty and up club?"

            "He's the deejay," Montrell answered. "It's his latest hobby."

            "He told me as long as me and Rod don't make ourselves known; nobody will notice. The Red Room is the only club that excludes younger people and plays old school music; and according to Uncle Eddie, the straight people who go there usually have no problems with the gays who go there. I just wanna dance with Rod and have a good time."

            "I like that y'all are back together," said Demetrius. "I know I wasn't Rod's biggest fan before but he's gotten you to be yourself again."