Chapter 28: Feel Almost Feral

Start from the beginning

"Jesse. Congratulations man. Sorry about all the shit but hey, you found her and have got her away from all that shit. I told you I'd take a look at everything and see if there's anything I can do. How far out are you now?" He says in a somewhat buoyant mood.

"Thank's. I know you said all that but there's been a development. I woke up to her having a nightmare. I linked with her as I couldn't wake her and it turns out Daniel, her old Alpha, has been given the ability to dreamwalk whenever he likes and can inflict actual harm on her corporal form. One of your gifts is dreamwalking. Do you think there's something you can do to stop it?" I ask desperately. I need him to be able to do this. I don't know what I'll do if I have to watch her go through that night after night! 

"Are you fucking kidding me? Only a handful of witches are capable of that so I'll get the list. There's a law against such things so we need to find out who it was. But yeah I can break his link to her permanently. But I will need to do it while she sleeps. So when you're here, we will arrange everything then OK. I'll send you something you can put in her drink for now that should stop him getting through if she needs to sleep?" 

"Iv had to ask so much of you over the last few days, it kills me that I can't do anything and have to get help!. And I can't thank you enough. She is definitely tired. I snapped at her when she started falling asleep. I really can't handle what I saw and knowing it was…" I sigh and trail off. He gets what I'm saying.

"Don't mention it, seriously what are friends for. How long roughly till you get here?"

"About 7- ("Jesse?") hang on she's talking to me"

"Yes love, I'm said I'm almost done. Give me 5 more minutes to finish my call OK."

"Jesse! Get your fucking arse here now. I'm on my own with 2 guys that have just sat next to me. Oh shit! One just stepped up behind me, I'm caged in!"

I don't even hang up. I just put the phone in my pocket and run out the door. When she says she's alone and doesn't know where Colt and Li are, I speed up. When I try getting through to them I get nothing. Shit, Where the fuck are they! I'm a few car's away when she says she can't fight what she can't see, so a dragon trait this time, they're like chameleons and can go invisible. It's so when they fly the humans don't see them. Unfortunately some take advantage of that as they can use it in human form too. 

I'm just through the next door when some men get up and start attacking. I can tell by the smell most are dragons but there are a few wolves and witches in the mix. Once iv made my way through them with Parker following close behind i'm only 2 car's away and tell her so. That's when I saw Liam and Coltan face down on the floor, they were knocked out not killed, I'd have felt that.

There's more in the next car, she's in the one beyond them. There's got to be 10 of them in here. When I hear a roar and see the wall crack and shudder I know something or someone just hit it. I fucking hope it wasn't her. 

"Jesse, let me out!" Zander pushes

I feel and hear the snapping of bones and the fur sprouting out of my skin. Not even a second later and Zander is now the one in control. He charges and rips through all in our way. We just need to get to the door. We're making haste, our claws slicing through limbs like butter. I pick up speed when I hear her slurred speech 

"Je-Jesse. I…"

and with a roar I bust through the door sending wood and glass everywhere. I look to my left and can see some guy has her (I see blood on her and a few wounds) in his arms. He looks at me and says

"Guys see to our… friend here! He looks a little lost. Me and this deliciously, lovely lady here have a date." He says while he licks her, which makes us snarl. How dare he put his scent on our Mate. 

I can feel the saliva dripping down my maws, I feel almost feral. I can't believe this is happening again. Unless this is Daniel's doing? No. No it can't be, he wouldn't have had time to escape then get his goons on this train. He won't have warned me he was coming for her either. Without taking my eyes of them I start

"Park-"

"I'm right behind you. I got these 2. The others are already picking off the last few straglers in the last car. Were covered. Go get her!" He insisted

"I owe you one"

"No you don't. now go"

He doesn't have to tell me twice, I go to dash past one of them but he vanishes, just like she said. Now as a gift, Dravon gave me the sight of a heatwave for when a dragon does this so I'm never truly blind. But it does still make it harder to fight. I try to get past as the other guy starts carrying my mate out to the kitchen.  But he knocks me Into a table and this guy is big. 

I'm the largest wolf, being Alpha king but he managed to knock me, through a table. I mean iv seen Dravon's dragon and know he's the largest but by the looks of this guy his dragon might be the next largest!. I shake it off and try again, to be knocked into the wall. Luckily missing the window. Again I get up and go to run past and expecting it this time i bite into his arm.

Now the disadvantage for dragons is they can only fight in dragon form when there outside. Or they could get stuck. And this guy is on the verge of shifting. As he tries to shake me off by shaking me back and forth I make sure to let go and propel myself towards the kitchen. The guy curses under his breath and turns to come after me but the other members of my pack are finally in here and pounce on him. 

I crash through the door of the kitchen and find the kitchen staff out cold. I've never been this far up the train befor so don't know what's after, but I rush down the Isle after them. Through the next door is another car which looks to be luggage and staff bunks. At the end I see the man with my mate trying to open a door but struggling. Luckily for me he didn't have a plan B on if I was to get through. I speed towards him and he pulls the handle even harder stressing

"Come on! Come on! Just fucking open!!" He pushes the door and falls into the next car, dropping Kylie as he goes. It looks like the fall has given me the time I need to reach them. He looks to the right and back at me with a smirk. Which confuses me as I'm almost upon them. He grabs hold of her arm and pulls her to the right out of sight.

When I reach the door 3 seconds later, I see an open door, the forest rushing past out side. He fucking jumped, taking my mate with him.