Chapter 7 - Episode 3: Fireflies - part 1

Start from the beginning

"Oh, whoa! Whoops!" she says sheepishly, moving further inside of the tent. When she looks up, she sees the romantic lighting hanging from the tent ceiling. "Whoa... Oh, wow. Nice touch." She says, making Caitlin smile. Caitlin moves over to Emily and kisses her on the lips, before leaning back and looking into her eyes.

"You're nervous..." Caitlin says, making Emily slowly nod. "You make me nervous." She retorts, making Caitlin frown a little. "That a good thing or a bad thing?" she asks confused, making Emily blush and smile. "All good." She says, before reconnecting her lips with Caitlin's.

During the kiss, Emily opens her eyes and she sees a giant insect on the outside of the tent. "Ooh, ooh! That is a mood killer, though." She says, making Caitlin look behind her. When she sees the insect, she taps on the inside of the tent, making the creature disappear.

"...Better?" Caitlin asks, making Emily nod and sigh in relief. "Better." She says, before kissing again. She then screams when she sees the top of the tent engulfed with more of the same insects. She then feels something on her shoulder and sees one of those same creatures crawling on her. She flicks it off with a scream.

"I can't... I can't be in here... I..." Emily yells. "Emily, wait!" Caitlin yells, trying to stop her from leaving the tent. When Emily gets outside, she feels and sees even more insects on her body, making her scream and run away, all the while Caitlin is inside the tent, calling her name to come back.

While running, Emily falls over a rock, making her fall onto the ground. At the same time, Caitlin has gotten out of the tent and is searching for her girlfriend. "Emily, where are you? Emily!" she yells, but doesn't hear her.

Emily looks around, still on the ground. She then hears a weird noise from behind her, making her turn her head in that direction. She sees a swarm of insects moving towards her, making her scream again. The insects engulf her, making her disappear.

"Emily, where are you? EMILY!" Caitlin is yelling, still looking around the campsite, trying to locate Emily. Behind her, Cora appears, who is growling at Caitlin. She walks a little closer, before roaring at her. Then suddenly, Isaac jumps out of the woods, making Cora look his way.

He lunges himself at her, trying to scratch at her, but she dodges it. He then slashes again, this time hitting her in the head and making her fall to the ground. She stands back up and roars at Isaac, before grabbing onto him and throwing him back against a tree.

Y/n then jumps out from behind Isaac, kicking Cora to the ground again. When she gets up, Scott runs over to her, getting ready to fight Cora off as well. When Cora sees that she is outnumbered by the three betas', she turns around and flees. Derek, who had just jumped out from the woods as well, and Isaac immediately run after her, leaving Scott and Y/n behind with Caitlin.

Scott walks closer to Caitlin, but she backs away in fear. "Are you okay?" Scott asks, making Caitlin frown. "What...?" Caitlin asks overwhelmed, not takin her eyes off Scott. "Are you all right?" Scott asks again, making her slowly nod. "You need to get out of here, okay? Get out of the woods. Get out of here as fast as you can!" Scott then says again, before following Y/n out of there.

When they run a little distance, Y/n suddenly stops when she feels the buzzing of her phone. "What's wrong?" Scott asks, walking over to her. "Stiles is calling..." Y/n says, before picking up. "Stiles? This isn't the best time." Y/n says with a sigh, seeing that Scott is listening in. "Y/n? Lydia just called... she's at the outdoor pool... she needs us there." Stiles says, making Y/n's eyes widen.

"What? Why?" Y/n asks with worry. "She said that she had tried calling you, but you didn't pick up... she found a body." Stiles explains, making both Y/n's and Scott's eyes widen. Y/n looks over at Scott, who slowly nods at her. "Go, we can handle it from here." He says, making her nod. "Ok. Stiles? I'm on my way, ok? Pick me up at the entrance to the preserve." Y/n says before ending the call.