☾Chapter 14☀︎︎

"Dream! Are you alright?!"

The ghost flinched as he curled into himself, the ghost crying loudly as he laid there on the floor. He was scared beyond belief. It felt like every inch of his skin was burning. Everything hurts so much that the blonde felt like dying twice... His head was pounding and he felt a stinging sensation on his scalp, an aftermath of his continuous hair pulling. He felt the sun above him pounding down on his skin, making everything feel uncomfortable no matter how much he tried to move away from it. No matter where he went everything just kept hurting. He didn't remember where he was as he shook pathetically on the ground. He didn't even know how long he had been there, feeling like the world around him was slowly disappearing. All he knew was that he could move... The pain was too much for him to handle and he could breathe. His lungs hurt, his eyes hurt from crying so much, and he felt like he was thrown into a fire pit.

Everything just hurt so much...

"Dream! Dream you've got to breathe... Come on... Slowly- Just um- Here give me your hand- Just for a little bit. I won't hurt you... I promise," The voice said and Dream was quick to shake his head. He felt like he couldn't move at all. He also didn't want the stranger to take his hand. What were they going to do with him? "Dream... I promise I'm not going to hurt you. I know you may not understand it right now but I'm a friend. I can help you," The figure said slowly so Dream could understand what they were saying easier. Dream slowly stretched his arm out, very hesitant as he moved his hand towards nowhere in particular. Soon his cold hand was being taken by something warm, Dream surprised by the foreign feeling. His hand was pressed against someone's chest, feeling the figure in front of him breathing in and out. More warmth was radiating off the stranger, Dream feeling safe.

"Come on Dream... Just copy me alright? It's going to be alright. Just breathe with me... Copy me alright? In then out. That's it! There you go... Slowly in and out. You're doing an amazing job Dream," Dream followed the person's instructions, slowing his breathing. He was soon breathing in sync with the person that he was with, his mind coming back to earth as he did. It hurt a bit to take in deep breaths, his lungs burning from the panic he was in before. But soon everything felt better, he wasn't burning anymore and his head hurt less and less as time moved on.

After Dream calmed down a little he was slowly pulled into a hug, warmth surrounding him. Whoever was holding him was very gentle, rubbing the ghost's back lightly. The ghost let out a hum as the heat seemed to help him relax, leaning towards the touch. The pain slowly faded away and he was calm, no more voices were yelling at him in his head. The tormenting laugh was replaced by someone else's calm and slow breathing. The mean voice was wrong. He was feeling much better now. Dream ended up syncing his breathing with the figure holding him, the ghost cuddling into the stranger's chest. He didn't know who the person holding him was... But at that moment he didn't care. He felt safe in their arms.

Dare he say it even felt- Familiar...

After a while the ghost felt his eyes slowly close. He just couldn't keep them open anymore. He let the warmth consume him as he relaxed even more in the figures' arms. A small smile rested on Dream's face as he just laid there. All he heard was someone sigh as he was jostled around a bit, being taken off the floor. The ghost let out a small groan as he shuffled a bit, trying to find a comfortable position in the arms of the stranger. Soon he felt that he was being moved, the figure making their way down the prime path. But after a while Dream fell asleep, exhaustion seeping in. He trusted this stranger, the person in question treating him nothing but kindly. So Dream was willing to take his chances once again with someone he didn't even know. He's done it before and it turned out well...

So why not do it again?

-----------------------------------

Dream finally woke after an hour of sleeping, or if that's what you can even call it. The ghost found himself laying on a couch, a blanket draped over him. The blonde pushed the blanked off him as he slowly sat up, his head a little fuzzy as he tried to find out where he was. He knew Jschlatt couldn't have been the one to pick him up, the man far in the forest and hidden from any source of civilization. Soon he recognized the area around him, he was here a few days ago. He was sitting in one of the rooms inside of Antfrost's house. When he looked around he saw a single bed in the middle of the room, someone laying in it. Dream couldn't recognize who it was, his head still a little fuzzy when it came to names. But then he noticed someone sitting at the side of the bed. Dream thought that the figure was some sort of hybrid, the figure having long black horns and snow white eyes.