ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ғᴏᴜʀ

Start from the beginning

Reality indeed went as Military Advisor expected, the Nu soldiers' morale indeed fell down a lot. The Nu soldiers' fighting spirit aroused by the first drum roll, depletes by the second, exhausted by the third. Only then, did Du Cheng struggled to hold on for over twenty days.

"Once daybreaks, the Nu Army shall be storming in."

Her mediated thoughts interrupted, Gui Wan looks out the window, brows slightly creased: "The Nu Army's insect attack pattern has lessened, is it in preparation of the invasion?"

"Nu King has lost his patience, will certainly exhaust all efforts in this one attack." Military Advisor turns to look out the window, the dazzling white lighting masking his body, like a sculpture.

Can Du Cheng still stand firm?

Heart already knowing the answer, yet still unable to refrain from wanting to ask this. Lightly stroking her forehead, Gui Wan, reveals a trace of a wry smile, the words at the tip of her tongue once again swallowed back down.

"Unable to withhold for a month, will you have regrets?" Military Advisor does not even turns his head, quietly asking this.

"Will." Stunned for a moment, Gui Wan truthfully answers.

Military Advisor slowly turns back around, that pale and exhausted face spreads a calm smile, smile lines like chrysanthemum, making Gui Wan get this feeling for the first time, that this wise old man is showing the loving care of one's elder.

"A knot in the heart, thus produces regret, only a life with regrets, will not be incomplete."

Rays of light entering through the windows gradually brightens, Gui Wan squints her eyes, leaving only a hint of white brilliance from the bottom of her eyes, within a trance, willow catkins scatters before her eyes, like dots of snow descending, drifting onto her cheek, a trace of coolness, just like returning to the day of parting in the Capital.

Like snowflakes, like plum blossoms, the lingering of clear yet distant, leisurely light fragrance.

That pair of hands she had once tightly clutched onto, ice cold inside out, yet she feels that it is the only warmth left in the world.

Her regrets, her concerns, slips away from her fingers in the boundless snow scene, forever frozen on that day.

A monstrous rumbling roar "honglong--" sounds from the skies.

A slight shock, Gui Wan abruptly opens her eyes, speechlessly looking towards the window where Military Advisor still stands straight, eyes fixedly staring into the distance, brushing away signs of fatigue from before, those eyes of ink sea blooms into a brilliant shine, a vigorous yet calm voice saying, "It's daybreak."

"It's almost daybreak!" Looking at the moment a burst of light appears amongst the dark grey sky, turning his head, Ke Zhan's voice is neither high nor low, perfectly loud enough for Ye Li who is in front of him to hear.

"Is everything ready?"

"Yes, Sire," Ke Zhan lightly bows his body, "Left, right wings of the whole army have a.s.sembled, once daybreaks, we can storm in."

Turning his eyes towards the southern area, Ye Li does not turn his body, looking up at the boundless scene of darkness of the skies, seeming to still be able to faintly see the light of the stars, weakly about to completely diminish, and Du Cheng stands amongst this dull scene, the mottle grey on the city walls cannot bear to hold on, scattered and lonely.

It is this isolated city, that has become his stepping stone to gain the southern regions, over these past twenty plus days, again and again he has been stopped outside the city, in this vast road of wilderness, his cavalry troops are invincible, why is it in front this rundown city wall, that they are actually being held back from further advancing?