ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ-ᴛᴡᴏ

Start from the beginning

"Military Advisor has many concerns, completely thorough in thoughtfulness, General deeply understands your greater meaning, how could we not know......"

Laughter abruptly coming to a stop, Military Advisor looks back, shaking his head at himself: "To this very day and time, I keep it secret, not processing the mourning period, should he know of this in the netherworld, would he not blame me?"

Keep it secret, not processing the mourning period? Gui Wan repeats to herself, arriving in Du Cheng in the early hours of today, having just dismounted the horse, her body was overly exhausted and thus fainted, deeply sleeping for an entire day, could it be that within this one day, Military Advisor had actually not publicly declared General Lin's death?

"Is Military Advisor afraid of causing chaos in the hearts of the soldiers, affecting the army morale?"

Body lightly shudders upon hearing this, Military Advisor graciously sounds a soft sigh: "This is one reason, what's more important is, General Lin has only been here for over three months, the local army here is not under the Lin line, taming the wild horse with harsh training, is good if General is here, should his death be announced in this moment, I'm only afraid Du Cheng would immediately be thrown into chaos."

Gui Wan nods, her knitted brows loosening: "In times of emergency, emergency procedures are to follow, in reality, this too can be considered of helplessness."

In times of emergency, emergency procedures are to follow, Military Advisor repeats this in his head several times, like the parting of clouds revealing the moon, his heart suddenly feels a lot more relaxed, thinking back to the resentful look in the eyes of those knowing soldiers just now, he spreads a helplessly bitter smile, the woman before him actually understands how to a.s.sess the situation better than them, picking up the letter on the table, he places it in front of Gui Wan: "May Madam take a look."

Giving her an important military doc.u.ment? Thinking back to everything she had just said, Gui Wan opens up the letter, it is the Nu Army's declaration of war letter, the content of the letter, says to give Du Cheng three days of consideration time, refusal to surrender, complete annihilation!

Looking to Military Advisor in shock, yet finds him looking into the inner chamber where the coffin lies, deep sorrow difficult to restrain, Gui Wan folds the letter up and place it on the table, asking: "What is Military Advisor planning to do?"

"Facing the Nu Army's full force of several hundred thousand cavalry with less than thirty thousand military strength, in Madam's opinion, what are the odds of winning?"

Gui Wan finds herself speechless in response, that charcoal fire pan suddenly flashes with a spark, a sound of sputter, shocking the heart and mind.

Military Advisor dejectedly slumps into the chair, asking: "Madam must have come to Du Cheng for over a month now right? Could it be Prime Minister Lou is not concerned?"

Brows lightly twitches, Gui Wan is surprised yet doubtful towards him suddenly bringing up such irrelevant matter at a time like this, carefully thinking it over again, she comes to the sudden realisation, answering: "There's still a month's time."

Military Advisor's expressions becomes somewhat heavily solemn: "One month is a little too long, but looking at it now, there is no other choice." Behind Du Cheng lies the thousands of Du mountains range, located in a remote area, and besieged right now, all news completely blocked with not the slightest of leakage, although he feels there's something strange about all this, he has no way of investigating into it, recalling that Gui Wan is currently within the city, Prime Minister Lou would definitely not leave her here without keeping in touch, the reinforcements issue still holds opportunities to turn things around, but now that he hears of the one month limit......the situation of Du Cheng can be said to be of utmost severity.