CHAPTER ➤ 004 FRIENDSHIP ON THE FINAL SELECTION

"What does it matter to you?" He asked, not even stopping to look at you.

"Well, I want to be friends!" You exclaimed, clasping your hands as you sped up to his pace then walked while facing him.

"I don't wanna be friends with an idiot. Get out of my way" he stated.
"I won't. Not until you and I become friends! Also what's your name? I told you mine" you said, tilting your head as you block his way.

"It's Muichiro, Muichiro Tokito. Now just move" he coldly replied.

"Okay! Let's be friends!" You exclaim.
Then he had a 'tired of your shit' face and "no" was all he answered.

"Come on! I wanna be friends! You look cute!" You started, still blocking his way. UHe blushed at the compliment for a second then went back to his usual expression, 'devoid of life'.
"Get. Out. Of. My. Way" he gritted his teeth, glaring daggers at you.

However, you still were smiling, unafraid of his death glare. It certainly wasn't as scary as Iguro with his all mighty kick-and-smack when you 'accidentally' sit on Kaburamaru.

"Please? I wanna be friends" you begged. By this time both of you were surrounded by demons and let's say Muichiro couldn't move cuz of your tight grip and his wounded leg.

"Let go, we're going to get eaten here!" He demanded. He tried to pull your hands away but you didn't move an inch. "Friends?" You asked with a bright smile like you both weren't surrounded by some demons who were debating on who takes the limbs and organs.

"Fine! Let go of m-" he was cut off by a demon about to attack him, you quickly shoved Mui away then unsheathed your sword to slash the demon's neck.

"Ara, ara, how rude" you taunted.
"Breath of the weather fifth form: Storm-lightning speed" then muttered. You then focused all your energy onto your legs and lunged at the demon in a zigzag formation, quickly beheading him in less than a minute.

- Muichiro's POV
back to where he bumped into you

As I was fighting some demons, one of them kicked my leg causing me to kneel down and hit my knee on one of the sharp rocks, making it hard for me to walk.

Then I fled from the demon I couldn't kill due to my wound, as I was running I bumped into a random girl eating, mochi...?

Is she really eating in the final selection? Is she crazy? Wait... Why do I care?

"Tsk, Watch where you're going idiot" I scolded her. She stood up, dusted herself, then gulped her mochi.

"Hey! You were the one who bump into mmmph-"

I quickly put a hand on her mouth, silencing her and dragging her to the nearest tree after I sensed the presence of the demon I eluded. After I was sure the demon was gone, I opened my mouth to speak but she beat me to it

"So, Is this the part where I scream that an unknown human is harassing me?" She mocked with sass.

"Tsk, I'm not harassing you idiot" I said.
"Oh really, then what's with your hand on my waist?" She questioned.

I suddenly felt heat rise up to my cheeks. Then I quickly let go of her and walk away when she turn around to see my face.

The world slowed and wave of nostalgia came over me when I saw a girl, with flowing h/c hair, enchanting e/c orbs, pink, soft lips, and smooth s/c skin. She looked very pretty and cute. I could feel my cheeks heating up again but this time I tried to stop it.

"Heyya~ I'm Y/N, anyway thank you for saving me" she said happily. Did she just go from a sassy ass bitch to a cute innocent girl?

"Whatever, I don't care, I'll forget it anyway" I replied then walked away, thinking.