ꦼ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

Start from the beginning

Gui Wan strolls into the floral hall, under one glance she sees several retainers carrying a big box inside the hall, in moment of surprise, Guan Xiu Wen comes up greeting her, consistency of fortune in his official career overflowing from this youth’s body, his body thus has an additional air of thriving vitality, a proud smile hangs on his lips as he calls out: “You’re here.”(Note of reminder: The floral hall is the Chinese equivalent of drawing room – a room aside from the main living room where guests can be received and entertained)

Sounding a shallow laughter, Gui Wan closes in, looking over the fact that he did not make any cordial addressment, her heart was put a slight discomfort. The change in this youth is caused by the influence of the environment he is in, he is still warm and friendly, but is somewhat different to the past, she is unable to specify where the difference lies, only feeling that that sense of crystal clearness has been infiltrated.

The elegant young man directs the retainers to place down the box, smiling with slight excitement, “These have been shipped in from Jiang Xi, I believe you would definitely like……” His expression like that of offering treasure appears naïve.

Upon thinking how such naivety has made all sorts of officials amongst the imperial court feel fear, Gui Wan was also extremely doubtful, is this youth really the one who cut off Prince Duan’s wings within half a year, and helped the Emperor to remove several ruthless veteran officials? The rumoured brutality, and the water-like pureness before her eyes, just which one is real?

Noticing Gui Wan’s heavy silence, Guan Xiu Wen also knits his brows together, asking: “What’s wrong? Is there something not to your liking?”

Smiling, Gui Wan takes away her inquiring eyes, suddenly hearing a burst of collision sound, she turns around in surprise, one box under the carelessness of a servant, has fallen to the ground, the things inside the box spills out, beads of jade gla.s.s pours out just like that, causing a noisy sound of clear ringing, an underlying halo light flows out, spilling out an entire floor of stars.

Such a valuable gift again, Gui Wan wryly smiles, really unable to understand his intentions. If it is to say him returning her grace, he has already paid it all off. But if to speak of other intentions, sometimes when he sends her gifts, as long as she says she likes it, he will be satisfied just like that, could it be that all this is just to get her to say she likes it?

“Xiu Wen……” Wanting to say some words of persuasion, but does not know where to start.

“Do you like it? This is of the high quality gla.s.s, such shine embellished with glamour, is of the highest of the highest quality goods.” His eyes like clear water, Guan Xiu Wen looks at Gui Wan with such hopeful eyes, an expression as though he wants her confirmation.

Swallowing down the words she wanted to say, “……like.” If she rejects it, just like the first time round, this youth would probably completely destroy all the treasures.

Receiving a definite answer, Guan Xiu Wen finally puts his heart at ease, under Gui Wan’s signal, he takes a seat at the guest spot, his eyes following Gui Wan’s movement, the smile on his face unchanging.

“The imperial court is busy with state affairs, you are already a minister close by his majesty’s side, how could you have the leisurely time to come here?” Not knowing what to say, she could only casually ask this.

Very lightly taking a sip of the scented tea, Guan Xiu Wen answers in a neither rushed nor impatient manner: “I have come today, to discuss matters with Teacher.”

Discuss with Lou Che? What matter is this? Such suspecting question flashes by, Gui Wan laughing says: “Could it be that something big has happened within the imperial court?” Lou Che has practically entered a retreated state this past half of the year, officials who drops by has also gradually decreased, exactly what matter could there be, that requires discussing with him right now?